Curable

simoncp
simoncp Posts: 3,260
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Gloom and doom disease needn't be a permanent affliction. The man who wrote the link below seems to have recovered.

'One example was Newsweek, for the week of April 28, 1975. It said that leading climate scientists were "almost unanimous" (sound familiar?) in their predictions of global cooling. Time Magazine had "The Coming Ice Age" on its cover, and the November 1976 issue of National Geographic had a lead article on the problem of global cooling.'

http://www.godward.org/commentary/Out%2 ... nymous.htm

Comments

• Fantomcp
    Fantomcp Posts: 1
    Have you ever actually kisssd a woman ?

I think you are 40 years old, live at home with your mum and secretly masterbate over pictures of the young William Hague addressing the Conservative Party conference in his short pants in 1977.
  • papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517
    This HAS to be the new regeneration of BWF. Do I win œ5?

Hey, also means that there may be hope for you too simon!

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Great first post Fantom, way to go making friends and influencing people.

Soapbox, the place for open and stimulating discussion.
  • papercorn2000
    I honestly thought it was you! Can I have œ5 anyway?

• spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It is him.

This is the point of the other thread I started. Martin Bimbly is simultaneously running several identities which is bang out of order.
  • Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    Doom and gloom has always been predicted by Quacks and charlatans and debunked by scientists, but now we've got scientists predicting doom and gloom while idiots, quacks and the internet chimps tell us every thing's alright. Did anyone notice the very important paradigm shift there? [:)]

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

It is him.

This is the point of the other thread I started. Martin Bimbly is simultaneously running several identities which is bang out of order.

I wonder if he subscribes to C+ under several different identities?
  • The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Great first post Fantom, way to go making friends and influencing people.

Soapbox, the place for open and stimulating discussion.

First post and it's backchat against a climate change denier? Must be mjones' or FM's "troll" account.
  • rothbook
    There's only ever been one me at a time. Martin Dann posts on Google Groups where I'm Spindrift:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec ... ing&q=dann

If you reckon I'd gainsay a Global Warming post then you've not been paying attention to a word I've said.

Crapspeed refugee, I reckon, care to tell us fantom?
  • papercorn2000
    So am I getting œ5 or not?

• spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

There's only ever been one me at a time. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[:0][:0][:0][:0]

Bartlett?

Babyjebus?
  • spire

So am I getting œ5 or not?

Yes.
  • rothbook
    No idea who babyjebus is. Bartlett log in won't work. Do thoughts of me pop into your head when you're making love spire?

You seem obsessed, it's not healthy mate.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

There's only ever been one me at a time. Martin Dann posts on Google Groups where I'm Spindrift:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec ... ing&q=dann

Hasn't it every occurred to you that you are playing a rather dangerous game. You cruise the net, being gratutiously offensive while going to considerable lengths to conceal your identity. There has been speculation on Pistonheads as to your identity and various real people have been "outed" erroneously as being you.

It only take one nut on the net (and there are plenty) to decide to retaliate against a named individual and some innocent person ends up having a very nasty time.

Now, it might be great fun to you to go round hysterically baiting others, but its not funny when you do it anonymously and potentially cause problems for innocent people. It's power without responsibility - the prerogative of the tosspot through the ages.

You're not some silly sixteen year old coming to terms with acne and life - judging by the photo posted a while back, you're in your thirties. Isn't it about time you accepted some responsibility and either calmed down in the tone of your posting or posted under your real name so that innocent third parties don't come under suspicion?
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    Can we not have Spire and Patrick hijacking another thread to turn into their pursuit of Rothbook? It is getting very boring and you are sounding more and more like a clique of bitchy high school girls... on the other hand, there wasn't much of a thread to hijack in the first place.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • ransos
    ransos Posts: 380
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simoncp</i>

Gloom and doom disease needn't be a permanent affliction. The man who wrote the link below seems to have recovered.

'One example was Newsweek, for the week of April 28, 1975. It said that leading climate scientists were "almost unanimous" (sound familiar?) in their predictions of global cooling. Time Magazine had "The Coming Ice Age" on its cover, and the November 1976 issue of National Geographic had a lead article on the problem of global cooling.'

http://www.godward.org/commentary/Out%2 ... nymous.htm

Your quote is either a fiction or Newsweek were wrong. Only a few scientists ever predicted global cooling - there was no consensus. And when the scientists realised they were wrong, they retracted their claims. See http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change/dn11643

Of course you could easily have found this out for yourself with 5 minutes on google. So one questions why you continue to post half truths and lies to support the unsupportable.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Can we not have Spire and Patrick hijacking another thread to turn into their pursuit of Rothbook? It is getting very boring and you are sounding more and more like a clique of bitchy high school girls... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Grow up FM - it's a particularly dangerous game that rothbook is playing, particularly as someone was "outed" on Pistonheads as being him. That person is particularly vulnerable because he has his own website, with his home address and photos showing an uncanny resemblance to the published photo of rothbook. I know with absolute certainty that he is not rothbook, but the people on Pistonheads don't know that. Rothbook has posted that he wants to remain anonymous so he doesn't get retaliation from the loony motorists, but it follows that if they are outing the wrong person, then some innocent person suffers.

Can you not get your head round the fact that what rothbook is doing is downright irresponsible?
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>
    Can you not get your head round the fact that what rothbook is doing is downright irresponsible?

Probably if you have genuine concerns, they're best communicated to him privately. I don't think the continued public flogging (even if it's for his own good) really helps...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

Probably if you have genuine concerns, they're best communicated to him privately. I don't think the continued public flogging (even if it's for his own good) really helps...

Er, yes, but this outing of vulnerable people is happening publicly!!!

I'll send you a private email to fill you in on what has been happening. It's potentially very nasty.[:(]
  • The Bosscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

I think a public flogging of him would be great.
  • The Bosscp
    For god's sake how is it a "dangerous game" or "irresponsible"? It's just web talk. No one's going to get a gang together and go storming round anyone's house burning torches and chanting in a pitch-fork-based protest.

Although I still think a public flogging of rothbook is in order.
  • The Bosscp

Er, yes, but this outing of vulnerable people is happening publicly!!!

I'll send you a private email to fill you in on what has been happening. It's potentially very nasty.[:(]
    "outing of vulnerable people" !
    "potentiall very nasty" !
    What romanticism you speak!
    You appear to be taking web forums far, far, FAR too seriously Patrick.
  • rothbook
    I've searched Pistonheads and I can't see anything.

I'm not sure how Patrick could hold me accountable for the actions of the deranged speedophiles on that website, anyway, especially as I haven't posted on there for two years.

What are you on about?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

I've searched Pistonheads and I can't see anything.

I'm not sure how Patrick could hold me accountable for the actions of the deranged speedophiles on that website, anyway, especially as I haven't posted on there for two years.

What are you on about?

A named and rather vulnerable person was "outed" by someone called "Esselte" as being you.

If you want more information either email me or Cometgirl. At the very least, you ought to make it clear on Pistonheads that this person is not you.
  • The Bosscp
    Can we have a link to this "ousting"?