Road disc wheelset

Matt C
Matt C Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Workshop
Looking for a set of new geared disc wheels for my Roadrat. Used for commuting over country lanes and bridleway bashing. Would quite like option of running some wider tyres (even 1.8 29ers) for off-road.Any recommendations of hub/rim combos or where to buy; cheap would be good! Thinking of something like XT 6 bolt hubs with Mavic A719's. Currently running fixed on a set of Goldtecs, but knee problems forcing adoption of gears. [:(]

Comments

• Matt C
    Know one run discs then?
  • maddog_2cp
    maddog_2cp Posts: 73
    is the Roadrat rear hub 135mm?

Mavic do a 700c disc wheelset but I'm not sure if it's 130mm or 135. It's called the speedcity. Checkout the duff Mavic website.

Otherwise, the 719s are a good choice. I run the cheaper 319s on my winter wheels and they've taken a decent amount of abuse. XT hubs are decent but they aren't light.

If you want cheap, just do it wheel by wheel.

<font size="1"><font color="purple">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss</font id="purple"></font id="size1">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss
  • Matt, you might want to read the Cotic website. forks have been recalled

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • Matt C
    THanks for that Steve - I had the mail from Cotic on Friday, they are sending out replacement forks.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    I built my wheels using XT 6-bolt hubs - cheap on E-bay @ œ50/pr - and some Ambrosio Excellence rims - pretty light but plenty tough. You may need to run a wider rim if you're looking to run 1.8" tyres
  • i'm using XT on open pro. look very nice

Mleh Mleh Mleh