Specialized Roubaix Armadillo Elite tyres

guybat
guybat Posts: 212
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Has anyone tried these? They sound interesting - supposed to be light, very puncture resistant 25mm tyres with a decent feel.

Pricey, but with a puncture after 3 miles on my 28mm Gatorskins...

Comments

• hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    I used them for while - good enough but cut up on the surface a lot so check for flint, glass etc

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • EvilCat
    EvilCat Posts: 27
    I currently have them on my road bike. Not much weight penalty and no problems in the first couple of hundred miles.

EC
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    I had some on my Specialized Roubaix and one of them ripped at only 4 months old, tho not the armadillo's just the normal ones that come with the Specialized Roubaix Elite 2007 as new.

http://tinyurl.com/2xtexl

They are good grippy tyres and soak up alot of the road, but for the money I went for a set of GP4000S Tyres from Parker at œ40 after what happened to the last Roubaix ones, may have just been a one off but I'll stick with the GP4000S myself from now on.
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    I agree with hevipedal as well lots of cuts and marks all over while the GPS dont have a mark, Roubaix's have a very soft compound I think this helps grip and soaking up the road but they get cut up.
  • EvilCat
    EvilCat Posts: 27
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by daowned</i>

I had some on my Specialized Roubaix and one of them ripped at only 4 months old, tho not the armadillo's just the normal ones that come with the Specialized Roubaix Elite 2007 as new.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    That's why I replaced my Spesh Roubaix tyres with the Armadillos for London cycling. I have to say, mine don't look too cut up so I'll see hwo they go.

EC