Campag Freewheel Removal...

Stwutter
Stwutter Posts: 362
edited June 2007 in Workshop
What size hex/allen key do you need to remove a Campag freewheel - 10/11/or 12mm? I know Shimano's 10, but not sure about Campag.

Cheers.

Knackered? Me?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/ ... new005.jpg
Knackered? Me?

Comments

• Which wheel. Most pull off by hand
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stwutter</i>

What size hex/allen key do you need to remove a Campag freewheel - 10/11/or 12mm? I know Shimano's 10, but not sure about Campag.

Cheers.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Are you sure you mean either hex/allen key or freewheel?

Campag freewheels used a slanted two slot remover which was rather overpriced and completely over engineered for something you just stick in a vice.

Campag cassettes are removed with a tool that uses a spanner the size of which I am unsure of as I use an adjustable one.

The only thing Campag make that needs a 10mm allen key is an Ultra Torque style crank.

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

The older I get, the better my power to weight ratio was.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Stwutter
    Stwutter Posts: 362
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rob Sallnow</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stwutter</i>

Cheers.

Are you sure you mean either hex/allen key or freewheel?

Campag freewheels used a slanted two slot remover which was rather overpriced and completely over engineered for something you just stick in a vice.

Campag cassettes are removed with a tool that uses a spanner the size of which I am unsure of as I use an adjustable one.

The only thing Campag make that needs a 10mm allen key is an Ultra Torque style crank.

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

The older I get, the better my power to weight ratio was.

OK - I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to maintenance above what I've done, so pardon my basic terms...

Once I've removed the cogs using the cassette tool, I then want to take the bit off that they fit onto (the freewheel?!). I thought you used a 10mm allen key for this? I'm talking campag, but the wheels, and I presume the freewheel, are Zondas.

I'm having a go in half hour anyway, so I'm gonna find out either way!

Knackered? Me?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/ ... new005.jpg
    Knackered? Me?