[;)]

Another year older, another Budweiser

Comments

• Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    That`s got to be a joke [;)]

Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
    Colin N.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    so their blind now as well as stupid[:(!]

Non Omnis Moriar
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    You mean signs like "DON'T PARK YOUR CAR ON A RAILWAY LINE YOU STUPID COW!" of recent pratnav memory?

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • most of the drivers round here dont seem to understand "no right turn" or "no entry"

switching off your engine is a contraversal subject - if i'm only waiting for five mins then its more enviromentally friendly to keep it running based on the emissions and fuel shot through when i start the engine again.

drive thru aproaching sings already exist in the form of rather large golden arches for one example

if anything, less signs would be good, there are too many close together in some places causing people to miss them.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 295
    All it shows is that anyone's marketing department can release any old claptrap in the form of a survey and the BBC will snap it up and present it as news.

www.endtoend.info
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    I agree redfox!! Must be (have been?) a quiet day for real news....

<font size="1">Have you ever tried pressing Alt+F4 ??</font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    It may also show that some people have not had a look at The Highway Code recently [;)].

Colin N.

Colin N.

• Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Or ever.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Canrider
    Canrider Posts: 2,253
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">switching off your engine is a contraversal subject - if i'm only waiting for five mins then its more enviromentally friendly to keep it running based on the emissions and fuel shot through when i start the engine again.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Evidence please?

"We will never win until the oil runs out or they invent hover cars - but then they may land on us." -- lardarse rider
    "We will never win until the oil runs out or they invent hover cars - but then they may land on us." -- lardarse rider
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Canrider</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">switching off your engine is a contraversal subject - if i'm only waiting for five mins then its more enviromentally friendly to keep it running based on the emissions and fuel shot through when i start the engine again.
    Evidence please?

i dont have facts and figures i'm afraid,

most cars use more fuel to start the engine than to drive the car for a mile
    my car was built in the 70's and requires the carb to be primed before the car is started and so starts on a rich fuel/ air mixture causing un-burnt fuel to come out allong with a higher carbon emission at start up than when running for five mins

also, in hot weather i cant guarentee starting again without fireing 'black cack' out of the exhaust, last summer a white audi got too close in traffic (the engine cut out, so i'd not bothered re-starting until i was going to move) fired 'black cack' out the exhaust and into his air intake (nothing i could do about it) which caused his car to cut out.

my engine is due a strip down and re-build this year.
  • Pringlecp
    Pringlecp Posts: 771
    I always thought it was best (ie less polluting) to leave an engine running rather than turn it off, if you are stopping for just a few minutes.
    Also, aren't catalytic converters less efficient once cooled down?
    Sorry - no facts and fig though!

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pringle</i>

I always thought it was best (ie less polluting) to leave an engine running rather than turn it off, if you are stopping for just a few minutes.
    Also, aren't catalytic converters less efficient once cooled down?
    Sorry - no facts and fig though!

catalitic convers do very little on short runs, such as to the supermarket as they need to heat up, infact they're worse for emissions than a car without a catalitic converter on it
  • 1675 idiot drivers on our roads. [:o)] + many more!

"In 1949, 34 per cent of miles travelled using a mechanical mode were by bicycle"
    "In 1949, 34 per cent of miles travelled using a mechanical mode were by bicycle"