Isis woes

Gavin Gilbert
Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
edited June 2007 in Workshop
[V] It's my own stupid fault [V] I knew the reputation of the Isis BB when I brought the #2 bike it's chainset. I even asked the bloke in the shop if they had many back and he said no - but after 950 miles I destroyed the soddin' bearing.

I've been told there is a worthwhile Isis replacement (an SKS?) but that it is expensive. Has anyone any experience of this model. My alternative is to look for a 2006 Chorus and go for a tried and tested square taper....

<hr noshade size="1">I'll have an organic decaff skinny goats milk cappuccino with fairtrade chocolate in a recycled cup to go please

Comments

• Hi Gavin - the SKF BB is available in the UK via Pace from here: <https://www.pacecycles.com/SKF_products_intro.asp&gt;
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    wow - me too!

only in 800 miles!

see my moaning here:
    http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... _ID=131880

what bike was this on? what are you going to do?

Graham
  • maddog_2cp
    maddog_2cp Posts: 73
    the FSA platinum is œ25ish and should last a bit longer than 800 miles. You're not jet washing it by any chance...

The basic SKF is œ40. Good reports from what I've read.

<font size="1"><font color="purple">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss</font id="purple"></font id="size1">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    I've raced on the FSA ti one for 2 years no problems, still tight. However, just fitted a pair of new pair of Chorus ultradrive cranks - beautifully simple design and stiff as you like - absolutely no front mech rub no matter how hard I pound on the pedals.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Not jet washing, I'd never do something as silly as that![:I]

Nah, I'm a 95kg monster, pull away from lights in 53*11 and climbing steep hills I can make my Open Pro's flex [B)]

MInd you, I did scare away muggers once with 'the size of my thighs' [:p]

<hr noshade size="1">I'll have an organic decaff skinny goats milk cappuccino with fairtrade chocolate in a recycled cup to go please
  • pieinthesky
    pieinthesky Posts: 417
    950 miles ......... Well Done