On't scrounge...

graham_g
graham_g Posts: 652
edited June 2007 in Road general
...trying to cash in on the karma from giving some stuff away - anyone got a 42 or 44t chainring? 5 bolt 130 bcd? As long as it's usable, I'm not fussed what it looks like!

Comments

• no promises graham but will check the spare parts box this evening as i might have one - if i have will get me some of that karma too

Jonny
    FGG #2545 & #2983
    Jonny

FGG 2545, 2983
  • gordycp
    gordycp Posts: 2,341
    Did you get one, Graham?

I've got a TA Alize 44T ring that is worn but useable.

PM me an address if you want it and I'll share the karma.
  • urbanfatboy
    urbanfatboy Posts: 193
    You know, those awfully rough chaps over WhatMTBforum had a few giveaway threads. One in which folks with bits and pieces lying around, offered them up to all takers, another in which folks posted up things that they could do with, obviously there were som chaps trying to be funny with 'big expensive bike' type requests, but it turned over quite nicely. They even had one where they all sent in spare bits and pieces which went in to build bike which was going to be sold for charity. All seemed like jolly good ideas, anyone fancy anything like that? I've already profited from a giveaway so I'm happy to pass on the love if others are keen to kick a thread off.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by urbanfatboy</i>

You know, those awfully rough chaps over WhatMTBforum had a few giveaway threads. One in which folks with bits and pieces lying around, offered them up to all takers, another in which folks posted up things that they could do with, obviously there were som chaps trying to be funny with 'big expensive bike' type requests, but it turned over quite nicely. They even had one where they all sent in spare bits and pieces which went in to build bike which was going to be sold for charity. All seemed like jolly good ideas, anyone fancy anything like that? I've already profited from a giveaway so I'm happy to pass on the love if others are keen to kick a thread off.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That sounds like a great idea - I have got a new unused campag Xenon front derailleur and a unused WTB saddle that I do not need.

Modest beginnings maybe, but I happy to get the ball rolling. I would offer to build the bike but with my first kid due in the next few weeks I doubt I can commit the time.....
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    I like that idea....

Anyone got one of these
    lying around that I could take off their hands for free?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • urbanfatboy
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by woodford2barbican</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by urbanfatboy</i>

That sounds like a great idea - I have got a new unused campag Xenon front derailleur and a unused WTB saddle that I do not need.

Modest beginnings maybe, but I happy to get the ball rolling. I would offer to build the bike but with my first kid due in the next few weeks I doubt I can commit the time.....

Is this a <i>yes</i> to the charity build or the giveaway. Cunobelin, well, at least you're the first to do that 'big expensive bike' type request. Can we accept that this was hilarious, however only the first time? Even if the second time is 'post-modern irony' or any recursion of that.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by urbanfatboy</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by woodford2barbican</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by urbanfatboy</i>

Is this a <i>yes</i> to the charity build or the giveaway. Cunobelin, well, at least you're the first to do that 'big expensive bike' type request. Can we accept that this was hilarious, however only the first time? Even if the second time is 'post-modern irony' or any recursion of that.

Sorry - the charity build....
  • urbanfatboy

Sorry - the charity build....

Excellent, do you want to start the thread? Would work better being run by someone more established than me.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is this a yes to the charity build or the giveaway.

Cunobelin, well, at least you're the first to do that 'big expensive bike' type request. Can we accept that this was hilarious, however only the first time? Even if the second time is 'post-modern irony' or any recursion of that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Of course - We sometimes have a dry sense of humour here have and I simply couldn't resist.

Al my parts and old bikes go to bike charities already, something I have done for years.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    Might be worth seeing if a swapsies thread can go into the classifieds?

Oh and I got a cheap TA chainring off ebay, so that's sorted.
  • urbanfatboy
    i have a Marin Stinson frame (it was a hybrid) but it has horiz dropouts, and did have a drum brake so no fixings for a rear brake. Might be useful to some one trying out fixed, with out rear brake.

Free to all comers except for the cost of postage.