A draw but lacking in ideas ! .....

Cannock Chase
Cannock Chase Posts: 558
edited June 2007 in Campaign
A draw against Brazil may be considered a good result but lets be honest, Brazil were poor, not the Brazil of old.
What is worrying is that England seem totally devoid of ideas. No imagination. No flare.
The future I'm afraid is bleak.

I'm not getting old...I'm just getting more stupid...
I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
Trek Madone - Carbon

Comments

• Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    My god, you've only just realised that...
    A draw's not a good result...a win is a good result.
    FFS in football we think that being knocked-out in the first round is some kind of victory!
    They're hopeless, just hopeless.
    We need to be realistic as a nation and particularly the media in this country; our footie team is very second rate, have no flair, no passion no leadership and are "heroes" to a man. I think footie fans need a reality-check.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • That's really what I wanted to say, I was just trying to be diplomatic.
    As a national team we get what the Premiership has left us with. Second class players in a second rate team.
    I just wish the T.V. pundits would come out with what the average footie fan thinks - Hopeless

I'm not getting old...I'm just getting more stupid...
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • Melvil
    Melvil Posts: 2,219
    Not like 1966, is it?

(Required by law to be inserted in any commentary related to the national football team)

******************************************************************************
    See Baby Elephants and more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47331519@N00/
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cannock Chase</i>

A draw against Brazil may be considered a good result but lets be honest, Brazil were poor, not the Brazil of old.
    What is worrying is that England seem totally devoid of ideas. No imagination. No flare.
    The future I'm afraid is bleak.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I couldn't have put it better. Look at the ages of our better players (Rooney apart). It's not good.
  • Did anybody think we would do well with McClaren as manager ??

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/n ... index.aspx
  • Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Posts: 703
    I had the horrible experience of agreeing with that morose tit Mark Lawrenson when he said that what had improved Englands performance was the fact that they were playing at a fast tempo, which is what they do well, week in , week out in the Premiership. This is a good point, because when England play badly, it is usually when they are trying to play at the slower continental pace, which the decent European sides excel at, and also the South Americans prefer. Why don't they try to play at speed more often, when it was obvious that Brazil were not liking it?
    Dave