red/blue memedroog ??

redcogs
redcogs Posts: 3,232
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Inspired by cuddy on page 26 of the education thread:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... _ID=130046.

i'm left wandering what a red/blue meme droog is, or what it might refer to. Seriouly no idea, and am feeling dim witted, slow, and unworthy.

Please help..

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">

Comments

• Wogan
    Wogan Posts: 203
    Yarbles. Bolshy great yarblockos to you. All this for a pitiful rookerful of pretty polly, oh my brothers.

<font size="1">Kenny Everett bent my wand :(</font id="size1">
    <font>Hemingway Soapbags</font>
  • mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

Inspired by cuddy on page 26 of the education thread:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... _ID=130046.

i'm left wandering what a red/blue meme droog is, or what it might refer to. Seriouly no idea, and am feeling dim witted, slow, and unworthy.

Please help..

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I wish I could redcogs; but sadly this one is beyond my comprehension as well! At a guess, Patrick, Spire and I would be "blue" meme droogs, while you and Gary would be red droogs. However, as one of bonj's lefties, I might also be in the red meme droog camp as well. Maybe it is a form of wave-particle duality? Perhaps FM can enlighten us, as he seems to enjoy the Cuddah's approval! [;)]
  • cuddy duck
    cuddy duck Posts: 3,211
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> This is why developmental studies in general indicate that many philosophical debates are not really a matter of the better objective argument, but of the subjective level of those debating. No amount of orange scientific evidence will convince blue mythic believers; no amount of green bonding will impress orange aggressiveness; no amount of turquoise holarchy will dislodge green hostility--unless the individual is ready to develop forward through the dynamic spiral of consciousness unfolding. This is why "cross-level" debates are rarely resolved, and all parties usually feel unheard and unappreciated.
    As we were saying, first-tier memes generally resist the emergence of second-tier memes. Scientific materialism (orange) is aggressively reductionistic toward second-tier constructs, attempting to reduce all interior stages to objectivistic neuronal fireworks. Mythic fundamentalism (blue) is often outraged at what it sees as attempts to unseat its given Order. Egocentrism (red) ignores second-tier altogether. Magic (purple) puts a hex on it. Green accuses second-tier consciousness of being authoritarian, rigidly hierarchical, patriarchal, marginalizing, oppressive, racist, and sexist. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    http://wilber.shambhala.com/html/books/ ... intro.cfm/

<font size="1"><font color="teal">There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing. But no cyclists: that's one thing we can be sure of....</font id="teal"></font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="teal">There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing. But no cyclists: that\'s one thing we can be sure of....</font id="teal"></font id="size1">
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Ken Wilber sounds a bit of a c0ck. should you require further clarification of what a c0ck is I shall be happy to provide further information.
  • redcogs
    That's intended to help cuddy? Many thanks..

A feeling of unworthiness remains i'm afraid..

• mjones
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

That's intended to help cuddy? Many thanks..

A feeling of unworthiness remains i'm afraid..

Don't fall for it redcogs- it's just a gullibility test.
  • redcogs
    i always get sucked in. Its because i'm gullible and easy prey to the superior intellect.

Still, someone has to be the foil for the brilliant.

• mjones

i always get sucked in. Its because i'm gullible and easy prey to the superior intellect.

Still, someone has to be the foil for the brilliant.

Indeed redcogs. Know your place. As Foghat and I must do as well, with our outdated, narrow, orange meme scientific views!

Bearing in mind Cuddy Duck's earlier reference to 'turquoise meme', you may be interested to see how his book defines this:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    8. Turquoise: Holistic . Universal holistic system, holons/waves of integrative energies; unites feeling with knowledge [centaur]; multiple levels interwoven into one conscious system. Universal order, but in a living, conscious fashion, not based on external rules (blue) or group bonds (green). A "grand unification" is possible, in theory and in actuality. Sometimes involves the emergence of a new spirituality as a meshwork of all existence. Turquoise thinking uses the entire spiral; sees multiple levels of interaction; detects harmonics, the mystical forces, and the pervasive flow-states that permeate any organization.

Second-tier thinking: 1% of the population, 5% of the power.

<b> With only 1 percent of the population at second-tier thinking (and only 0.1 percent at turquoise)</b>, second-tier consciousness is relatively rare because it is now the "leading-edge" of collective human evolution.

You thought public schools and Oxbridge were elitist, but here we are in the prescence of the top 0.1% of the population! Bow down redcogs! !
  • cuddy duck
    cuddy duck Posts: 3,211
    Just heuristics, cogs.
    jones, for example, is preeminently orange: "Anything outside my narrow exteriorist rationalism is a bit spooky and must be insane."
    ankev is blue: "the natural world order reflects the inherent superiority of the white man; gypsies are filthy scum, criminals are evil scum, muslims are degraded subhuman desert savage scum.."
    foghat is red: "I am Ted Nugent's testicles"
    spire is.... actually, who gives a sh<i></i>it what spire is.
    monkey's over the horizon into second tier consciousness: "What's the all-quadrant truth here, and how can all levels of the spiral be accommodated?"
    And I'm the Cuddha (note spelling).

<font size="1"><font color="teal">There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing. But no cyclists: that's one thing we can be sure of....</font id="teal"></font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="teal">There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing. But no cyclists: that\'s one thing we can be sure of....</font id="teal"></font id="size1">
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cuddy duck</i>

[:D][:D][:D] I am sure spire is also pi55ing himself [:D][:D][:D]
  • mjones
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cuddy duck</i>

[:D][:D][:D] I am sure spire is also pi55ing himself [:D][:D][:D]
    Spire is currently wasting time pondering the many identities of tabernacle (who also appears to be unworthy of a meme-colour). Come on spire, come here and ask the Cuddha (note spelling!) about the all quadrant truth!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cuddy duck</i>

Just heuristics, cogs.
    jones, for example, is preeminently orange: "Anything outside my narrow exteriorist rationalism is a bit spooky and must be insane."
    ankev is blue: "the natural world order reflects the inherent superiority of the white man; gypsies are filthy scum, criminals are evil scum, muslims are degraded subhuman desert savage scum.."
    foghat is red: "I am Ted Nugent's testicles"
    monkey's over the horizon into second tier consciousness: "What's the all-quadrant truth here, and how can all levels of the spiral be accommodated?"
    And I'm the Cuddha (note spelling).

I don't even warrant a mention. This is seriously worrying. Obviously I'm not doing enough to wind Cuddy up.[:0]

I'll go and touch the crystals for inspiration.
  • redcogs
    Perhaps there is a special level for "smarmy cockhead(ed) purveyor(s) of lazy, formulaic, entirely unilluminating stereotyping".

;-)

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

Perhaps there is a special level for "smarmy cockhead(ed) purveyor(s) of lazy, formulaic, entirely unilluminating stereotyping".

;-)

Good grief, is that intended as an insult? It's fairly complimentary in legal circles.
  • redcogs
    No insult intended Patrick. i just remembered the cuddy quote from some earlier encounter.

:-)