Now, our unhinged old "friend"

Tabernacle
WavyDavy
Bimblywimbly
Dougielowe
Yusaf
Toshiake
etc, etc

has used consecutive multiple personalities to circumnavigate his regular banning, and although I have 'outed' him to fellow Soapboxers I have never reported him, or supported the bannings. However, I can 'cybersmell' (I've just invented this!) him a mile off, and I reckon he is now using three concurrent multiple personalities, which I consider to be out of order.

Before I name names, does anyone else agree?

Comments

• Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    I don't know. Bonj thinks I'm him, but anyone with half a brain can see that I'm not.

I'd like to see who you think he is.

• mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Now, our unhinged old "friend"

Tabernacle
    WavyDavy
    Bimblywimbly
    Dougielowe
    Yusaf
    Toshiake
    etc, etc

has used consecutive multiple personalities to circumnavigate his regular banning, and although I have 'outed' him to fellow Soapboxers I have never reported him, or supported the bannings. However, I can 'cybersmell' (I've just invented this!) him a mile off, and I reckon he is now using three concurrent multiple personalities, which I consider to be out of order.

Before I name names, does anyone else agree?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I've never thought tabernacle used more than one user name at a time. And if he didn't let the SS trolls wind him up so much he'd be able to stick to the same one for longer...

Furthermore while I've had my run-ins with tabers, I've never considered him to be in the 'unhinged' category- there are others far more deserving of that title not that many topics down the list from this discussion! [;)]
  • Mister Paul
    I'm with mjones. He shares much the same views as most of us (with exception). He just has a longer lead.

• spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    Don't you recall the extended exchange between Patrick and 'Toshiake' about Muslims?
  • mjones
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Don't you recall the extended exchange between Patrick and 'Toshiake' about Muslims?
    Yes, I count that one as one of my 'run-ins'...

OK, I'm bored: what are those other names you think he is using?[}:)]
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

I'm with mjones. He shares much the same views as most of us

You are joking?

LLB
    Zimzum
    ankev
    rprogers
    Patrick
    me

and many others

have all come under the most splenetic attack, which is why he has been banned so many times.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>

Yes, I count that one as one of my 'run-ins'...

OK, I'm bored: what are those other names you think he is using?[}:)]

Well, I reckon

Tabernacle
    WavyDavy
    Bimblywimbly
    Dougielowe
    Yusaf
    Toshiake

is currently running with three concurrent, non-banned identities (at least!):

Rothbook
    Bartlett
    Babyjebus
  • mjones

Well, I reckon

Tabernacle
    WavyDavy
    Bimblywimbly
    Dougielowe
    Yusaf
    Toshiake

is currently running with three concurrent, non-banned identities (at least!):

Rothbook
    Bartlett
    Babyjebus
    Bartlett? That was indeed Tabernacle, but surely Bartlett was at least two or three regenerations back!
  • spire
    Bartlett is unbanned and in stasis!

Rothbook is in general use.

Babyjebus is taking the risks.

Well, that's my theory![;)][:D]
  • Mister Paul

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

I'm with mjones. He shares much the same views as most of us

You are joking?

LLB
    Zimzum
    ankev
    rprogers
    Patrick
    me

and many others

have all come under the most splenetic attack, which is why he has been banned so many times.

that's funny, I thought I'd typed a longer sentence than that. I'll go back and have a look......Oh yes, I did.

why did you remove the important bit?

• Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    Even if this statement were true, all the people you mention (LLB, Zimzum, ankev, rprogers, Patrick) are quite able to look after themselves. I think you should relax. Our mutual friend is an ornament to this forum, and should be cherished. And I say that despite his never having brought me a drink, an omission that I trust will be rectified in the near future.

He's also a dead ringer for George Clooney, which means that he perks up the glamour stats of this place no end.
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>

Even if this statement were true, all the people you mention (LLB, Zimzum, ankev, rprogers, Patrick) are quite able to look after themselves. I think you should relax. Our mutual friend is an ornament to this forum, and should be cherished. And I say that despite his never having brought me a drink, an omission that I trust will be rectified in the near future.

He's also a dead ringer for George Clooney, which means that he perks up the glamour stats of this place no end.

Mrs redcogs 'admires' George Clooney, which mildly irritates.

i therefore take any opportunity to suggest that Clooney strongly resembles Quasimodo. One wonders whether a visit to a shrink might have value (for me, not George)?

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • Simon L2
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

Mrs redcogs 'admires' George Clooney, which mildly irritates.

i therefore take any opportunity to suggest that Clooney strongly resembles Quasimodo. One wonders whether a visit to a shrink might have value (for me, not George)?

I have excellent news for you. Mrs L2 worked in a building in Washington in which the sainted George and his pal Dustin were working on a production. George is an admirably democratic fellow, always stepping into the kitchen to make tea, but (pause for Redcogs cheers) he is SHORT and has the beginnings of a double chin. Dustin, by the way, is fantastically short, so short that he might not pay VAT on his keks.
  • redcogs
    Ha Simon, can't wait for Mrs redcogs to get back fromt shops - one of the other less kind insults that i have been prepared to heap on George (and Pacino, yet another 'admired' type) is that they both require boxes upon which to stand..

Great to have it confirmed ;-)

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>
    George is an admirably democratic fellow, always stepping into the kitchen to make tea, but (pause for Redcogs cheers) he is SHORT and has the beginnings of a double chin.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have just nipped downstairs and reported this to Mrs. S. [;)]
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

Ha Simon, can't wait for Mrs redcogs to get back fromt shops - one of the other less kind insults that i have been prepared to heap on George (and Pacino, yet another 'admired' type) is that they both require boxes upon which to stand..

I have good news for Mrs redcogs - I have been mistaken for Mr Clooney on more than one occassion, although I do not share his stunted height as I stand at over 6 foot. I shall be in the north eatern part of Scotia soon, should you be out for the afternoon and Mrs redcogs wants a hand in the kitchen [;)][:D]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

I have good news for Mrs redcogs - I have been mistaken for Mr Clooney on more than one occassion, although I do not share his stunted height as I stand at over 6 foot. I shall be in the north eatern part of Scotia soon, should you be out for the afternoon and Mrs redcogs wants a hand in the kitchen [;)][:D]

And bad news for redcogs, a "hand in the kitchen" doesn't necessarily mean exactly that. [;)]
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

And bad news for redcogs, a "hand in the kitchen" doesn't necessarily mean exactly that. [;)]

If Mrs S wants a visit as well just let me know and I'll see what I can do [;)][:D] Although I may require a "lie down" having cycled from chez redcogs in north east Scotland [:I][}:)][:)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If Mrs S wants a visit as well just let me know and I'll see what I can do [;)][:D]

Fat chance - unlike redders I don't believe in sharing. [;)]
  • redcogs
    Look, naive i may be, possibly stupid, but not so fundamentally stupid as to leave Mrs redcogs in the unattended company of anyone from this forum, least of all the Jocks and the English expat Welsh (apologies for the stereotypes :-))

• Simon L2
    I should say, just to be clear, that our most-named colleague shares none of the Clooney demerits, but exhibits all of his better features. Salt and pepper hair, dark eyes, exquisitely coiffed eyebrows and a butt you could open bottles with.
  • redcogs
    sphincter details are surely surpus to requirements on a family forum.. ;-)

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>

a butt you could open bottles with.

Ahem....is there really a Mrs. L2? [:I]
  • redcogs
    But i am keen on the idea of George with a fat flabby arse, a detail that i might be able to out compete him with (mine being tight and beautifully formed).

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

sphincter details are surely surpus to requirements on a family forum.. ;-)

Unless this is something to do with Scots and the need to open bottles rapidly.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>

I should say, just to be clear, that our most-named colleague shares none of the Clooney demerits, but exhibits all of his better features. Salt and pepper hair, dark eyes, exquisitely coiffed eyebrows and a butt you could open bottles with.

Simon

You have waxed lyrical about rothbook-etc on this and many other threads, to an extent that is most unusual. Your love and admiration seem to know no bounds; in fact your devotion seems so excessive I once thought you were just another manifestation of him, but FM has previously assured me this is not possible.

I guess it's just love.
  • Simon L2
    couldn't have put it better myself, spire. Chapeau! But, oh seer of Reading, you are never far from my thoughts. I often think of you streaking down the A4155, teeth clenched, cheeks pulled back by the force of the wind, an extra mile an hour gained for every misconception dispelled. We sleep safer in our beds knowing that the scourge of Berkshire's lefties is abroad, pedalling frantically.

By the way, redders, no student of Michaelangelo would have confused the musculature of buttocks with a sphincter - notwithstanding ole' Mickey was fond of both. Allegedly.
  • FatBlokecp
    FatBlokecp Posts: 4,903
    Having met Tabernacle on more than one occasion, I can say that he's a thoroughly nice chap!!

<hr noshade size="1"><font color="teal"><font size="1">Dave Hinde & Number1BikeBits - definitely the worse bike shops in the world! </font id="size1"></font id="teal">
    <hr><font><font>Dave Hinde & Number1BikeBits - definitely the worse bike shops in the world! </font></font>
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FatBloke</i>

Having met Tabernacle on more than one occasion, I can say that he's a thoroughly nice chap!!

<hr noshade size="1"><font color="teal"><font size="1">Dave Hinde & Number1BikeBits - definitely the worse bike shops in the world! </font id="size1"></font id="teal">

That's no doubt the case. Forums tend to bring out the worst in people because they can post anonymously and not have to worry about dealing with others in person the next day. None of the normal restraints apply.
  • mjones
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FatBloke</i>

That's no doubt the case. Forums tend to bring out the worst in people because they can post anonymously and not have to worry about dealing with others in person the next day. None of the normal restraints apply.
    I agree. Another factor is that forums tend to include a wider range of views than most people will encounter in the circles in which they normally socialise. People will tend to chose the company of those from a similar background and with similar opinions. As a result some of those who come here with very strongly held views may never have had them challenged to any serious extent by their usual peer group, and react rather badly when challenged here.