Big Brother

Cunobelin
Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Didn't watch it

Have no interest in it

But I thought I would wind everyone up by starting a thread about it!

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
He that buys flesh buys many bones.
He that buys eggs buys many shells,
But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
(Unattributed Trad.)
(Unattributed Trad.)

Comments

• alecstilleyedye
    alecstilleyedye Posts: 1,170
    can't think of any other tv show that has so many people that don't watch it but talk about it.

i watch it, talk about it only with others who watch, but don't consider buying a paper which has what is essentially a tv game show as its front page item.

anyone follow bb in the papers without watching the programme?

<font size="1">edited for smelling</font id="size1">

if i had a better signature, i'd use that instead
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • Uncle Mort
    Uncle Mort Posts: 1,124
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

Didn't watch it

Have no interest in it

But I thought I would wind everyone up by starting a thread about it!

(Unattributed Trad.)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've got a big brother. Its name is John and it has a pre-WWII MG.

Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    No I didn't watch it, but thanks for the warning[:0]

Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • gbyers
    gbyers Posts: 164
    Meanwhile the Endemol alleged Dutch production where the prize for the winner was a kidney (and the losers got to die presumably) has been announced to be a hoax.

That doesn't mean I don't feel manipualted somehow.

________________________________________________________________________________
    Anyone expecting to see a witty and imaginitive signature here obviously hasn't seen my username.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    Haven't seen it, but read there's no blokes in there this time, inspired or what! It'll be absolute mayhem.
  • yenrodcp
    yenrodcp Posts: 9,991
    I'm just sooo looking ofrward to the catty behaviour - If i can be bothered...

Though, heard that a blokes going in later [?]

[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    [;)] \'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    i was forced to watch for 10 mins and am now suffering from severe trauma. the twins are something else!

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    It gets said for every series but can't they please just turn the cameras off once they get in. Let em stew in their own juices for a few weeks then let em out and tell to go get a bloody job and stop wasting our time.

I haven't got a telly and read no red-tops but will end up knowing far too much about these people than I could ever want to. Why do people waste time doing nothing but watching f***wits talking about nothing and doing even less?

I guess I bit quite hard on that one.[:D]

Ben Elton wrote an enjoyable book on the subject"Dead Famous". I'm very much with the inspector - he's a lot more eloquent than me.

<font size="1"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><i> i always wanted to cycle to work - now i want to live further away </i></font id="size1">
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    Ah, no men in it this time so far. That'll do wonders for the viewing figures. Explains everything.
    I'm going to stop wasting time posting messages, about telly programmes that I can't even watch, on websites for people to read who may or may not be f***wits who sometimes spend their time talking about nothing and the rest of their time riding bicycles.

<font size="1"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><i> i always wanted to cycle to work - now i want to live further away </i></font id="size1">
  • yenrodcp
    yenrodcp Posts: 9,991
    http://www.channel4.com/player/v2/playe ... lipId=8762

I used to work with 25 women - I was the only man.

I used to have a hard time talking with women as friends - straight up !

But I found that I could be friendly with a woman w.out thinking the obvious !

Its good to talk.....[:D]

[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    [;)] \'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dbg</i>

Haven't seen it, but read there's no blokes in there this time, inspired or what! It'll be absolute mayhem.
    what about tracey the raver. she looks more like a bloke than I do.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    Are there any bikes involved, maybe as there are a few women they'll have an example of the village bike. the one who's been ridden a lot[}:)]

my elephant has more memory than my PC
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I'm just waiting for that big welsh lass to reveal those massive sweater puppies!!! lol

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    is she a valley's girl[:D] I've met some of those.[:D][:p]

my elephant has more memory than my PC
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Absinthe Minded
    Absinthe Minded Posts: 1,351
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by giant man</i>

I'm just waiting for that big welsh lass to reveal those massive sweater puppies!!! lol

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Urghh, are you serious?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">
    <hr><font><b><font>Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font></b></font>
    <font>See My route to work!</font>
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Graham</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dbg</i>

what about tracey the raver. she looks more like a bloke than I do.

LOL, Graham looks like a girl!![;)]

SNAPS
  • Melvil
    Melvil Posts: 2,219
    Aaaaargh - have sort of 'got into' it (girlfriend watches it)....noooooo.

******************************************************************************
    See Baby Elephants and more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47331519@N00/
  • alecstilleyedye
    at least this year it seems to be "back to basics" with the psychology of the situation taking precedence over becoming a circus sideshow for wannabe z-listers. the twins angle is very interesting, especially when nominations begin in earnest. anyone up against (presumably) the pair of them is almost a dead cert to go as the anti-twin vote will be inevitably split. how far can they go? and what happens if one is evicted?

and that laura has huuuge knockers[:0][:0][:0]

• Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alecstilleyedye</i>

at least this year it seems to be "back to basics" with the psychology of the situation taking precedence over becoming a circus sideshow for wannabe z-listers. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

But they are practically all wannabe z-listers. It's impossible to get back to the original idea of the programme again now because everyone who enters is so knowing about what is involved. That's psychologically and socially interesting in itself but it's hardly 'back-to-basics'...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Did you hear Chris Moyles ripping into Charley and Channel (sp?) this morning. Really funny. Worth downloading the podcast (if it's available)!!

SNAPS
  • Absinthe Minded
    Absinthe Minded Posts: 1,351
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by alecstilleyedye:

and that laura has huuuge knockers<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font size="6"><font color="red"><u>NO</u></font id="red">, SHE'S A <b>MUNTER</b>!</font id="size6">

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">
    <hr><font><b><font>Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font></b></font>
    <font>See My route to work!</font>
  • alecstilleyedye
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alecstilleyedye</i>

at least this year it seems to be "back to basics" with the psychology of the situation taking precedence over becoming a circus sideshow for wannabe z-listers. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

But they are practically all wannabe z-listers. <b>It's impossible to get back to the original idea of the programme again now because everyone who enters is so knowing about what is involved.</b> That's psychologically and socially interesting in itself but it's hardly 'back-to-basics'...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">certainly agree to a point, but thinking they know what's coming makes the twists all the more devastating. and, refreshingly, the realisation that appearing on bb is no passport to fame and fortune seems to largely dawned (with the exception of that awful charley). indeed, the wannabes (charley, shadnam (sp?)) are seemingly drifting away from the main group, who's norms have seen channell's wag aspirations magically disappear overnight.

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Referring to his famous ancestor and contemporary reality TV programmes, QI host Stephen Fry made the amusing remark that Peter Bazalgette was undoing his great-grandfather's works by "pumping sh/t back into our homes."