Midlands Bike stores

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Hi,

I live in Leicester and want to go looking at bikes at the weekend. Can anyone recommend anywhere within 30-40 miles of Leicester that stocks a good range of bikes? Primarily looking at hardtail/hybrid/road for commuting 3 miles each way.

cheers,

Rich (A commuter at last)

Comments

• martincroxall
    martincroxall Posts: 102
    Go to Julies on Clarendon Park Road in Leicester. Not only do they have a good selection of bikes but the staff are very good as well. In fact I take by bike there when I break it as they always do a very good (and well priced) job.

Very nice, very tasteful
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • GeeBee44
    GeeBee44 Posts: 6
    Red Kite Cycles have always been good to me, and they stock a good range on road & mountain bikes, around 45 miles from leicester.
  • Adam Tranter
    Adam Tranter Posts: 621
    We have a good range of hybrids, MTBs and road bikes. Based in Kenilworth, not too far away. I'll be in on Saturday if you want a chat.

http://www.mikevaughancycles.co.uk
  • Hi Adam,

what's parking like round there?

cheers,

Rich (A commuter at last)
  • We have a good range of hybrids, MTBs and road bikes From œ200 thru to what ever your heart deires.

Based on A38 in Centre of Birmingham

94Bristol St
    Birmingham B5 7AH
    Birmingham City Cycles 0121 66 66045
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If you aren't after a specific model then Leicester has plenty of shops that will be able to sort you out and it'll be more convenient to take it back for a service or to fix something if it goes wrong.

Warning about well known bike shop removed at request of moderators.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    You could try the new specialized concept store at Fort Dunlop.