Words fail me...

Noodley
Noodley Posts: 1,725
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Sorry, I happened to see this mentioned on a very mundane TV programme and decided to visit the site:

http://www.monsterpig.com/

well done him - not [:(!]

Comments

• spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    Who is Jamison Stone?

Only a child and already a big, fat hog killer. [xx(]
  • Pingucp
    Pingucp Posts: 4,991
    <font color="purple">Which one's the monster pig [?]</font id="purple">

<hr noshade size="1"><center><b><font color="green">Wear the fox hat.</font id="green">
    <font size="1">Cols d'cosse</b></font id="size1"></center>
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

Sorry, I happened to see this mentioned on a very mundane TV programme and decided to visit the site:

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I quite agree. As I've posted earlier, he shouldn't have used a handgun. A rifle with 30-06 would be the bare minimum and something like .338 Lapua (preferred for wild boar in Scotland, but check with gillan) would have been better. If the lad could handle a .470 Nitro Express that would have been the best for a quick clean kill.
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and Jamison is now looking for a big shotgun and hoping Dragons are real.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hope they're real too and his shotgun jams.

<font size="1"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><i> i always wanted to cycle to work - now i want to live further away </i></font id="size1">
  • crackle
    crackle Posts: 216
    surely it's faked, look at the size of that thing. I can't believe it's real.

Errrrrrmmmmmm..........
  • Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    Follow the links to buy the gun ....
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    You should read some of the negative comments, some people really getting irate [:o], to put it mildly [;)]
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    You are a typical American Christian, fat and eager to kill. See you in hell, son.

Joseph
  • Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<u></u>

Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • gillan1969
    gillan1969 Posts: 3,119
    its the culmination of thousands of years of human evolutions and education

"look dad I killed a defenceless animal....lets eat"[:(!][:(!]

www.squadraporcini.com
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gillan1969</i>

its the culmination of thousands of years of human evolutions and education

"look dad I killed a defenceless animal....lets eat"[:(!][:(!]

www.squadraporcini.com

Are you a vegetarian then?
  • rothbook
    Eating meat and thinking that torturing an animal to death for three hours is sick are not mutually incompatible positions Patrick.
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Eating meat and thinking that torturing an animal to death for three hours is sick are not mutually incompatible positions Patrick.

Agree. However, far too many people who eat meat don't care or even think about what happens to the animal before it ends up on the supermarket shelf.
  • rothbook
    Look, if God didn't want us to eat animals why did He make them out of meat?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

If you read my other post, you will see that I have condemned the shooting of a large mammal with a handgun. It is completely unacceptable and illegal in Britain.

The point I was taking gillan up on was the principle of killing something to eat it - or delegating that to someone else by buying meat products.
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    There's nothing finer or more enjoyable in life than a few sausages, cheesy mash, and a good dollop of beans n gravy.

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • Joe Sacco
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

If you read my other post, you will see that I have condemned the shooting of a large mammal with a handgun. It is completely unacceptable and illegal in Britain.

The point I was taking gillan up on was the principle of killing something to eat it - or delegating that to someone else by buying meat products.

and if you delegate it you would need to know who has carried out the slaughter and how they did it.
  • The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

I quite agree. [impressive-sounding technical gun-chat]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

and if you delegate it you would need to know who has carried out the slaughter and how they did it.
    Well if he'd managed a headshot then he would have probably killed it first time anyway. If he hadn't, then he wouldn't have killed it first time whatever gun it was. Although if I was going out for a walk in the woods and I knew that was roaming around, I think an AK47'd be what I would have reached for first.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you buy a meat pie in a supermarket, then you are tacitly accepting the principle of slaughtering an animal and eating it. However, you are most unlikely to be able to find out who actually did the slaughtering. However the process is tightly controlled in the UK by statute, regulation and inspections.
  • gillan1969
    patrick

my demand for meat is very limited

I do eat seafood and other fish and go for a lamb curry when out (not much these days after the arrival of gillan junior)

however 98% of food intake is veggie

i reckon i buy a nice steak twice a year

and that organic (or at least from the local, rural, butcher)

whilst arguably your fat american was shooting for his own needs...i think it had more to do with his pursuit of manliness, or at least that idea of it passed down to him him by his neanderthal father

www.squadraporcini.com
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gillan1969</i>

whilst arguably your fat american was shooting for his own needs...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Possibly own greeds - have you seen how fat he is? [;)] Just imagine what the rest of the family look like. [:0] The hog will probably only keep them going for a week.
  • gillan1969
    indeed

a shining example from the world's most 'advanced' county

[:(]

www.squadraporcini.com
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    The gun mentality in the US is vastly different to the UK. You can keep a gun in your unlocked bedside cabinet or your car's glove box in the US but you can't in the UK. Patrick will correct me if I am wrong but I think that in the UK that all firearms must be kept in a locked cabinet and ammunition in a separate locked cabinet.
    Gillian, you say that you eat lamb and steak, it may surprise you that it was not always in shrink-wrapped packets in Tesco.

http://bangkokhippo.blogspot.com/

Ex-XXL weigh-in 9/10 June: Update published: Monday 11 June
  • Joe Sacco

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you buy a meat pie in a supermarket, then you are tacitly accepting the principle of slaughtering an animal and eating it. However, you are most unlikely to be able to find out who actually did the slaughtering. However the process is tightly controlled in the UK by statute, regulation and inspections.

That's all right then, we all know how those regulations are always followed 100% of the time. As I said, most people don't even care how their meat is killed/reared and assume it is all okay because of regulations (just as you have)
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

That's all right then, we all know how those regulations are always followed 100% of the time. As I said, most people don't even care how their meat is killed/reared and assume it is all okay because of regulations (just as you have)

Au contraire - I know perfectly well how errors can occur in the slaughtering process - the worst ones occur in chicken processing. However, given that no system works perfectly all the time, our system of slaughter is as well regulated as anywhere else in the world and considerably better than most. Did anyone see Jamie Oliver kill a sheep the Italian way with a knife in the back yard?
  • papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517
    I saw that.
    IMO, the lamb had been reared in the outdoors, had had a high standard of living (conjures up a picture of a lamb playing with a PS2 - but I digress) and was raised by farmers who seemingly had a high regard for the welfare of their animals.
    When the lamb was slaughtered, it appeared to be quick and as stress free as being killed can be.

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
    God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

When the lamb was slaughtered, it appeared to be quick and as stress free as being killed can be.

You are probably right, but I'm pretty sure that it would be illegal in the UK where the law bans most kinds of DIY slaughter on animal welfare grounds.
  • Joe Sacco

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Au contraire - I know perfectly well how errors can occur in the slaughtering process - the worst ones occur in chicken processing. However, given that no system works perfectly all the time, our system of slaughter is as well regulated as anywhere else in the world and considerably better than most. Did anyone see Jamie Oliver kill a sheep the Italian way with a knife in the back yard?

But most people wouldn't even be aware of that and those same peoples meat is coming from outside of the UK, but again they are not going to care too much about that are they.
    I'm afraid meat eaters who actually care about the animals welfare and slaughter methods are very much in the minority.

But most people wouldn't even be aware of that and those same peoples meat is coming from outside of the UK, but again they are not going to care too much about that are they.
    I'm afraid meat eaters who actually care about the animals welfare and slaughter methods are very much in the minority.

I agree totally. I have had arguments with people who think that eating a cleanly shot wild rabbit is cruel, while themselves tucking into a chicken which may have missed the stunners and gone down the defeathering line alive.
  • My favourites from the posts....god Americans are funny (i left out the rude ones)

Oh and we ve had the Veggie/meat argument already, it went to 9 pages i think

How can we buy pig that is guaranteed homosexual to make killing more good? Thank you and god bless you good american boy.

Yes while it is true that you definitely commited an act of terrorism, much
    like our president does each day upon arising, Its not you. Its your father and your fathers father and soon. They were probably slave owners way back when and
    even earlier on performed acts of terror on the original land owners of America...I will try to start a prayer circle for you to help repair your damaged soul.

and from the positives

I have two children, a boy, 6 and a daughter who is 11, just like you. Her eyes lit up when she saw the picture of you with the hog. She too has hunted since she was able to hold a gun and the first thing she said was "I wanna get one of those!!!"

I'd share my campfire with you guys any day.

May God bless rednecks and God-fearing people, for they are the backbone of a free America.

I'm writing you from Jalabad Afghanistan and just want to congratulate you. That's one hell of a Hog!! That took a lot of guts to go after such a massive animal! As soon as I saw the photos on Foxnews.com I showed my buddies over here. We fly the AH-64D Longbow and shoot Taliban with our 30mm from 200ft flying 100 knots, but hunting down and chasing such a huge beast on the ground by foot with a pistol takes a lot of nerve. We all went to SERE survival school in the woods near Enterprise Alabama I cant imagine coming across that thing in the middle of the night. Congratulations from the guys in B co 1/285 ARB.

(taliban/hog/taliban/hog...whats the difference eh?!?!?!)

--

Insert stupid, possibly baby elephant realated, comment here......