Giant SCR Ltd

elvisparsley
elvisparsley Posts: 135
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Does anyone have one of these? I've just ordered one- my first road bike- from Edinburgh cycles on a last-gasp 20% discount. How much should I be looking forward to getting it?

Comments

• Mines an SCR3, first road bike after mtbing and its a good starter bike....

Bike Piccies
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Quite a lot I reckon, but it depends what you're already riding!

Looks a nice machine. Full test report required!

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • SCR 2.0 here and love it. Light enough, fast enough and doing the job of helping me shed the pounds I need to - so far!!

Cheers

Paul
  • brbelly
    brbelly Posts: 35
    just picked up my scr 2 yesterday had my first commute on it today [:D].

my average on my old steel ridgeback racer was about 15.5 got to work today looked at the computer 17.5 had to check the miles cause i thought i'd set the new computer up wrong.

Hope it goes like this every morning get an extra cup of coffee in.

Brbelly
  • elvisparsley
    Brill! I have to wait two weeks for it though. Booooo! Driving to work every day is getting me down!
  • in the wire
    in the wire Posts: 79
    <i>"Hope it goes like this every morning get an extra cup of coffee in."</i>

I'd spend the extra couple of minutes in bed dreaming about girls, er

Unless you are a girl of course and you can dream about men in lycra on fast bikes... :-)
  • elvisparsley
    Hmmm. Try as I might, I never seem to be able to have those dreams. What type of cheese do you eat before bed?
  • elvisparsley
    About girls I mean. Not men in lycra
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by elvisparsley</i>

Does anyone have one of these? I've just ordered one- my first road bike- from Edinburgh cycles on a last-gasp 20% discount. How much should I be looking forward to getting it?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I bought a Giant SCR 2 from Tredz a couple of months ago. My first road bike after MTB and hybrids. I'm loving it. Much lighter and faster than my hybrid and lots more fun. Padded shorts essential as otherwise my @rse feels every bump on road.

• i'm not to familier with the scr, but it looks very similar to the AUstralian OCR. Great comfort roadbikes, great for long distances and very forgiving frames, I also have to say i am a giant fan, i have 3 of them currently a CRX2 Flat bar Road bike, A OCR composite1 and a TCR composite.

Great bikes.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/ ... 007801.jpg

the TCR

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/ ... 007741.jpg

the ocr

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/ ... 6_1336.jpg

the crx

I personally prefer the geometry on the TCR much stiffer frame and more reponsive, although the ocr is more comfy

www.cycleblog.info
  • TomF
    TomF Posts: 494
    SCR is very good - I have 2: alloy for winter training and commuting; composite for summer and sportives.

Enjoy!