Hammond and Cavendish are outside my office!

The Kennington Kaiser
edited May 2007 in Pro race
A T-Mobile van just parked up outside my office and who should pop out with their bikes but Roger Hammond, Mark Cavendish, Michael Rogers and one other of the team, I think maybe Linus German.

I went and had a chat with Roger (we're on first name terms now [;)]Seems they were doing some Tour de France publicity for t-mobile in central London. he said he was racing in philadelphia next but they weren't bothering with a reccy of the prologue route because of the traffic. Nice guy and perfectly happy to chat away (although I don't suppose he gets people coming up to him in the street every day, a la beckham). Didn't realise it was Mark Cavendish until I'd crossed over the road - but he's tiny. My non-cycling mate said he looked like he could do with a couple of pies, but his eyes soon glazed over when I told him about the recent tour of catalonia wins.

Oh well, makes a nice change from the usual miserable office workers and bemused japanese tourists I see on my break.

Comments

• ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Where are they? Are they still there?

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

<font size="1">Pink Bananarama!!
    ContrelaMontre 220
    Noodley 149</font id="size1">

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • They were in Palace Street, round the corner for Buckingham Palace. But they left about 20 mins ago.
  • Phil Scp
    Phil Scp Posts: 2,525
    I am interviewing these guys later on at the hotel for BBC Radio 5's Tour coverage [8D]
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ContrelaMontre</i>

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 220
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Are you trying to get some "pink banana holder" inside information [;)] - that's not an even playing field at all. [:D]
  • I've met Roger a few times and he is always willing to chat . I don't suppose he gets recognised too often in the UK except when he's at a race or an official function .

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/roads4bikes/
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ContrelaMontre</i>

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 220

Are you trying to get some "pink banana holder" inside information [;)] - that's not an even playing field at all. [:D]

I don't know what you mean [;)]

But unfortunately Palace Road is miles from here so I have been denied the inside info!

Do you like the new sig by the way?[8)] You are currently 71 points behind me!

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 220

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Do you like the new sig by the way?[8)] You are currently 71 points behind me!

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 220

Yes, very good. And probably more by now, given my appallingly bad Giro - I was doing well until stage 5 then it's all gone to hell again. I'm saving myself to peak later in the year. [:I]
  • simmers
    simmers Posts: 92
    Hammond is a 'good guy', very friendly and willing to chat to fans.
  • cyclingtaz
    cyclingtaz Posts: 326
    just read this http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/News2007/20070531_T-Mobile_Tour.asp was MR there as well when you saw them

"you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"