Sidgirl - hello!!!

rustychisel
rustychisel Posts: 3,444
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Hi there!!!!!

Glad you got back safely and all's well. We'll get some of the good people here to lend a hand finding a nice bike and maybe even some friends to go cycling with.[8D]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption

Comments

• Is there something we should know, rusty'?

d.j.
    "Like a true nature's child,
    We were born,
    Born to drink mild"
  • Markta
    Markta Posts: 767
    It's turning into an online cycling dating forum [:p]

http://mrkta.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    Watchit!!!! You cheeky pommy chancers...

My stepdaughter has just moved back to London (five months here for her marriage and enjoying summer) and has done quite a bit of cycling. She wants to buy a road bike over there and keep up her fitness riding with a group, not racing. So there!

I'm only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • sidgirl
    sidgirl Posts: 3
    Hey ho rusty et all,

Cheers for the welcome. It's Saturday afternoon - my second Saturday sans bike to ride, the sun is shining and it's bloody perfect [:(] Waxing my legs, admiring my new cycling muscles and perusing the forum is as close as I get...

Have had a chat with Mr Sidgirl who is upping the budget to œ300 (as he just scored a 4 month contract) but at present that has to include basic accessories ie helmet, shoes & cleats, puncture kit etc. Of course, I'll keep working on increasing the budget [;)] I'm 5'9" and I want those nice click gears on the handlebars. Hehe, I'm a real expert...

Would love to do the London To Southend on 15 July - I believe there are still places available but I don't know how long till that will fill up - better to register now and chance having a bike by then?

As for folks to ride with, we are currently staying with friends in Caledonian Rd (adj tube) but will probably move back south (brixton? herne hill?) in around six weeks. I'd like to do regular Sat and/or Sun mornings, out for 2-3 hours/50-70km. Any suggestions for clubs or like minded folks welcome.

Okay, that's enough for my first post.

Would that I could think of something good to put here...
    Would that I could think of something good to put here...