UCI protest

Aravis
Aravis Posts: 5
edited May 2007 in Pro race
What about a collective protest to the UCI. Like others I am sick to death of the continuing, and blatant, doping in pro cycling and the inactive responses of the UCI, McQuaid and his useless cohorts. Should you wish to join me the e-mail address is admin@uci.ch.

A previous poster indicated that the Astana gang will clean up in the TDF. I wonder how much 'out of competition' testing has been carried out in Khazakstan? Where have Vinokourov, Kloedon etc been hiding all winter. Answers on a postage stamp. Similarly watching the Italians in the Giro, it is beyond belief, domestiques previously unable to climb the stairs now scaling huge cols at great speed.
My e-mail to the UCI demands that they take positive action and stop pretending that all is well. It isn't, the sport is corrupt and needs a kicking. Others talk of cycling being a beautiful sport, it isn't, todays racing is sordid and sadly totally unbelievable. We have team managers, doctors and sponsors still encouraging doping with no action being taken to prevent or deter their activities.
Race day testing is a complete waste, spend what money is available chasing and testing riders away from the races.
Perhaps if others more linguistically talented than I could encourage similar forums in France etc to join us, we could make a difference.
Final rant, now that Cheater Riis has come out of the closet perhaps the Irish mafia could do the same and accept that Kimmidge was right.

Comments

• K Blackwell
    K Blackwell Posts: 1,539
    Don't put Kimmage on a pedestal. He took drugs, he's a cheat, he didn't fess up until his career was over.

Why didn't he say anything whilst he was still a rider? And yet he now takes everyone else to task because they don't spit in the soup. Can you tell me what the difference is?

His latest rant against Kelly in the Sunday Times shows how bitter and twisted he is.
  • Jokull
    Jokull Posts: 248
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by K Blackwell</i>

Don't put Kimmage on a pedestal. He took drugs, he's a cheat, he didn't fess up until his career was over.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Well yes, but he did choose to end his career prematurely , and he did fess up pretty much as soon as he retired. (I'm aware that he wasn't a great pro, but I think that he could have had a 10 year career in the sport as a solid domestique if he'd had the heart for it).

I will agree that he hasn't done much constructive since though.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Howzabout adding a protest about the unprofessional conduct of McQauid announcing unconfirmed results?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • I just read the article Kimmage wrote for the Sunday Times-it's hard not to agree with him to be honest. And he only took amphets for a crit in the middle of nowhere-he's no real doper and wasn't really good enough for it to be worth him doping properly for attempts at big race wins. But he's right about the Omerta and Hein verburggen should be run out of the UCI and Olympic movement as soon as possible, with a major apology to guys he made life hell for -honest people that is, who didn't cheat their way to wins with EPO-like Obree for example!

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • Kimmage is the classic example of why no-one will dare to spit in the soup. Even those who want to see a clean sport will turn on you and look for any facet of your character they perceive as flawed to discredit you.

Nobody ever got laid because they were using Shimano
  • Cunobelin
    Or a protest about the leaks from the labs?

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • wasp707
    wasp707 Posts: 116
    You have to remember that the doping situation has been going on for years. The UCI cannot be expected to sort this mess out overnight. It will take time and it's also important to remember to protect professional cycling for the riders who do actually race clean. And one important thing, you need evidence of some description to ban people.
  • Cunobelin
    My apologies if I have been flippant, but this is an important point.

As long as the Labs leak unconfirmed results and the UCI / WADA / McQuaid condemn riders without due process, they do as much damage to the sport as the dopers.

I have no problem with banning a guilty rider, but I do have a problem with McQuaid et al offering the rider to the press ona golden platter before the B sample is tested.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • mcquaid's comments to the press came before the landis phonak statement.

People on this forum knew what was going on before the phonak statement....
  • McQuaid said "there is a positive A sample...it's the worst case scenario" before Phonak said anything.

The real problem with things like this is that the result is the lab knew who's B sample they were testing which violates a standard.
  • with the spped it came out it would appear they may have known the same about the a sample too...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigdawg</i>

mcquaid's comments to the press came before the landis phonak statement.

People on this forum knew what was going on before the phonak statement....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agreed.....but importantly it wasn't the labs!!! Is it more than possible the labs are actually OK and the problem with leaking info actually lies from within the UCI.

This is my new bike:
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure001.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure002.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure003.jpg
  • ut_o_cykla
    ut_o_cykla Posts: 58
    When I was little (in more ways than one) being a pro was a derogatory term : pro=prostitute. I won't upset people by listing all of the far too many similarities we are seeing now: health risks, bent doctors, 'managers' earning mega money, are just some. I feel a date line should be agreed on. if you doped before then: admit it, maybe pay a hefty fine for bringing cycling into disrepute. After said date punishment needs to extend over those responsible for the team, not just the rider. And of course the testing procedures need to be better, more PROFESSIONAL, from the timing of the tests to the release of information. At the moment media reporting suggests they are not much more than a joke.

pousse moi s'il vous plait
    pousse moi s\'il vous plait