Headset type for my Time frame

Miltomatic
Miltomatic Posts: 8
edited May 2007 in Workshop
Hi everyone

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me what the correct headset type is for my Time VXPro, whether it should be Campag or Cane Creek.

I think it has Cane Creek at the moment, but I am not sure it's correct.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Miltomatic
Miltomatic

Comments

• Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Any headset that fits.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Take the bearings out - they'll have a number and two angles marked on them - 45x45 degrees - Campag or 45x36 degrees - Cane Creek (I think) - the external dimensions are pretty well identical. Look up on the FSA website to which type is what and order replacements from your LBS - it may be cheaper and quicker to order a complete headset with bearings rather than waiting around for spares
  • Down the Road
    Down the Road Posts: 949
    If it is with Time's Quick set then you need a replacement from your Time Dealer. No other fits.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • Miltomatic
    Miltomatic Posts: 8
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Take the bearings out - they'll have a number and two angles marked on them - 45x45 degrees - Campag or 45x36 degrees - Cane Creek (I think) - the external dimensions are pretty well identical. Look up on the FSA website to which type is what and order replacements from your LBS - it may be cheaper and quicker to order a complete headset with bearings rather than waiting around for spares <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for that, but its not the bearings I need to identify - I am pretty sure that they are Cane Creek. I am not sure that they are the correct ones for the head tube - I think I am right to say that Campag ones have a slightly larger outside diameter, so what I really would like to know is how to tell if the frame was designed for Cane Creek or Campag.

Many thanks to all who have tried to help.

Milt

Miltomatic
    Miltomatic