Long carbon seatpost

Unknown
edited December 1969 in Workshop
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any particularly long carbon seatposts? I'm hoping to buy an airnimal joey (decided against the chameleon as I'm going to have to fold it too often) and am looking to try to improve the minimum spec as much as possible and one of the things I thought I could upgrade was the alloy seatpost.

I've found a BBB one which is 40 cm which I think should be okay but I was wondering if there were any alternatives at around that length or longer.

Cheers,

Ed

Comments

• Maybe difficult to source, however a few weeks ago I was riding with someone who was using about 300mm ++ on carbon seatpost, this was a custom job made from carbon tubing for artificial legs, he had used it for at least 7 years with no probs and although it flexed a lot it looked very solid indeed....

JamesB MTB
  • Cheers James :)
  • The longest Alu post I've seen is a 440mm one by Roox, so I doubt you'll get the same in Carbon to be honest.

<font size="1"><hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red">My Photos</font id="red"> <font color="blue">My Inbred</font id="blue"> <font color="teal"></font id="teal">My Carrera Gryphon <font color="black">My Single Speed</font id="black"> <font color="green">TyMBR</font id="green">
    </font id="size1">
  • monkeythree
    monkeythree Posts: 10
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ejls2</i>

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any particularly long carbon seatposts? I'm hoping to buy an airnimal joey (decided against the chameleon as I'm going to have to fold it too often) and am looking to try to improve the minimum spec as much as possible and one of the things I thought I could upgrade was the alloy seatpost.

I've found a BBB one which is 40 cm which I think should be okay but I was wondering if there were any alternatives at around that length or longer.

Cheers,

Ed
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Have a look on ebay there is usually loads of 400mm carbon seatposts at various price points. I've had one on my mtb for years with probably 100mm in the frame and 300mm out and it has been fin and it was a cheapo ebay job.

Aeronoses rule...
    Aeronoses rule...
  • Cheers all. I've found a few 400s now so I'm hoping I shouldn't need a longer one. I've had a look at the frame again and I should be okay.

Thanks for all the help,

Ed