50TT

amcgill66
amcgill66 Posts: 59
edited June 2007 in Pro race
I'm doing my first 50TT next Sunday, and am wondering what sort of time I should be targeting? Yhis is my first season of racing, and so far my best times are 26:55 for a 10, and 1:07 for a 25.

Also, how should I pace a 50?

All help appreciated!
The northern lights of old aberdeen.... have just gone out!

Comments

• Mark.Scp
    Mark.Scp Posts: 514
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by amcgill66</i>

I'm doing my first 50TT next Sunday, and am wondering what sort of time I should be targeting? Yhis is my first season of racing, and so far my best times are 26:55 for a 10, and 1:07 for a 25.

Also, how should I pace a 50?

All help appreciated!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi,

i have never done a 25 or 50, but i wud imagine anything under 2:20 based on your times would be respectable.

Good luck

Mark

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

• Cyclistm
    Cyclistm Posts: 758
    Don't worry about a target time too much for your first. Start slower than you would for a 25, then build up and if you can, finish faster than you started.

Good luck and don't forget to enjoy it.
  • amcgill66
    Thanks guys,

all good advice. It's a step into the unknown, but I'm looking forward to it!

• ClaireV
    ClaireV Posts: 967
    Which one are you doing? Is it the Oxonian one? I was vaguely thinking about doing that one but have now completely wussed out of doing a 50 mile TT for quite some time to come!
  • amcgill66
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ClaireV</i>

Which one are you doing? Is it the Oxonian one? I was vaguely thinking about doing that one but have now completely wussed out of doing a 50 mile TT for quite some time to come!

Hi Claire, it's the Deeside 50 here in Aberdeen. Our 25 was called off on Tuesday with the rain, so hopefully it'll stay dry!
  • ClaireV
    ClaireV Posts: 967
    Oh well, I won't miss out on meeting you then! I'm planning on going for a nice civilised long ride instead - seems much more sensible than over two hours of pain on a dual carriageway!
  • amcgill66
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ClaireV</i>

Oh well, I won't miss out on meeting you then! I'm planning on going for a nice civilised long ride instead - seems much more sensible than over two hours of pain on a dual carriageway!

Sounds sensible Claire. Forecast here is heavy rain [xx(]

• J2R2
    J2R2 Posts: 850
    Let us know how you get on - I have set myself a goal of riding a 50 this season and am dreading it to be honest!

• amcgill66
    Got the dates wrong [:I]It was a 25 today, the 50's next Sunday (10th June)!

Still, I managed to take 24 seconds off my PB, so quite pleased.