Good long routes to ride in the Ashburton area?

Can anyone recommend some good hilly rides in this area as I will be there over a weekend at the end of June. I'll be riding in the Etape two weeks later so would like some hills to ride if possible. Anything up to 150km will suffice me thinks.

The post code of the area is TQ13 if that helps?

Many thanks in advance!! [8D]

Vive les All Blacks!!! [:D]

Comments

• yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Have a look on http://www.bikely.com just key in Plymouth, UK or Exeter. My routes are under the tag of 'tangoman' and if you also look under 'Ken Knight' you'll find some good hilly routes that Ken uses for his audax and etape training.

Anytime you fancy a hard group ride - YOGi's meet for road and mtb rides at B&Q Marsh Mills Roundabout, Plympton every Tuesday evening at 6.30. Also weekends at 10am usually.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Oh I love Ashburton - used to camp there.

Can you just go up onto Dartmoor up the narrow lanes and loop around up there. I'd deffo bring wet weather gear if I were you.

Oh the comic had a report on a Dartmoor ride last week ?
  • The comic??

Yogi, thanks for that. I'll take a look now. I'll only be there for that one weekend as my GF is doing a course down there and I agreed to go and spend the weekend away with her there .... whilst my mates ride the TdF London - Canterbury stage! [:(]