Di Luca and Mazzoleni investigated by CONI

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited May 2007 in Pro race
Er..I think. Anyone speak German? http://www.sportnet.at/?cid=f096a098-fa ... cabbe61075
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• Eurostar
    This is the Google translation:

CONI determines against Mazzoleni and Di Luca
    The prosecutors of the Italian olympic committee (CONI) introduced anti- Doping determinations against Danilo Di Luca and Eddy Mazzoleni.

The two wheel professionals lie at present with the 90. Edition of the giro d'Italia at the places one and two. Both are accused among other things to connections with the skandalumwobenen Dopingarzt Carlo Santuccione and other medical profession, reported the Italian sport daily paper "Corriere dello to sport" on Wednesday. Di Luca and Mazzoleni were already into the suction of determinations of the Italian law because of Dopings guessed/advised 2004. The determinations had been taken up by the Roman public prosecutor's office. In coming December a process is to begin. Now also the CONI wants to initiate an investigation. A two-year barrier threatens the two wheel professionals. The determination is led by Doping hunter Ettore Torri, which already leads the investigation against giro winner Ivan Basso.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Ah, this has been a story since 2004, yet it's only getting picked up now. Convenient eh!?

tea is good
  • Eurostar
    But how on earth can DDL be climbing as well as Gibo?
    <hr>
  • "Trust me, I'm a doctor" [}:)]

tea is good
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

But how on earth can DDL be climbing as well as Gibo?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

same question here
    http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... uca,hmmmmm?
    I reached the decision to go on the offensive - to put a check on government abuse of power, where others had failed in stopping the federal juggernaut running amok

Timothy McVeigh
  • To be fair this isn't the Gibo of old.

You do all realise that Gibo was on the MG Technogym team that was busted for EPO in 97 (along with Il Grillo)? So he's not whiter than white himself.

Di Luca's performance I can stomach-ish. He's always been class. Mazzolini has never been more than a Hincapie type character.

TdG
  • I wouldn't say di Luca has been domiant. Dropped by Gibo today, and also, on the Izoard or the climb before it, I'm sure he had to claw his way back to Piepoli and Gibo when they were setting pace in preparation for Gibo's attack. That said, I don't like Di Lucas past or the coach he claims to still be friends with and I wish someone squeaky clean could win a grand tour some day, but perhaps that is asking too much as grand tours are inhumane brutal events IMO which attract pharmacy like no other sport on earth! 25-26 mph for 10 days yes-that can be trained for, done, but 21 days-no way-there isn't a human being that exists even with the best training and diet in history who can do that

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Timoid</i>
    Di Luca's performance I can stomach-ish. He's always been class. Mazzolini has never been more than a Hincapie type character.

Hot wife?
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>
    ...skandalumwobenen Dopingarzt...

I'll have to bear that one in mind next time I am lost for words. [;)]
  • Valv. Piti
    Valv. Piti Posts: 15
    Shouldn't Di Luca and Mazzoleni be thrown out of the Giro now, since they are under investigation?
  • cooper.michael1
    cooper.michael1 Posts: 1,787
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>
    ...skandalumwobenen Dopingarzt...

I'll have to bear that one in mind next time I am lost for words. [;)]

Scandalous doping doctor... German sure throws up some cool words!

Coops