RXE or Carbon RXS?

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
edited May 2007 in Workshop
Saga of the broken RXS pedal is resolved. I want to carry on using the RX pedals because of the float, and I cant get on with shimano. So, choice is a pair of RXE's the cheapest which I use on winter bike and work fine, dont need ther Q factor adjustment, or should I go for the carbon RXS (to fit on my cayo expert)? The weight saving is irrelevant for me, but are they stiffer, and therefore more responsive - has anyone tried them to compare?

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">

Comments

• Grifcp
    Grifcp Posts: 283
    Bought a set of RXE's about a week before the recall, the retailer gave me a refund and a good deal on some RXS carbons instead....feel the same to me. Don't know if one may be more long lasting than the other?
  • bigbaz
    bigbaz Posts: 538
    I have both....RXEs on Winter bike & RXSs on bestest bike.Apart from the RXSs looking blingier I can detect no difference in use.
  • aarwcp
    aarwcp Posts: 258
    Funny, i have the RXE's on the winter bike and RXS carbon on the summer bike and can notice a diference. I feel the RXS pedals a lot more positive to clip in/out of.

that's all though.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=159638
  • same here, the rxs' do seem a tiny bit stiffer, but then maybe Im wearing my RXE's out...
  • SteveR_100Milers
    RXE's it is then, the RXS carbons dont sound worth the extra œ40

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    Can you still get RXEs? A lot of retailers seem to start the range with the RXS these days. I know the RXS offers me an adjustment I don't need and a whopping weight saving of 5 grammes, but I've never understood why that should be worth an extra 50% on the price.
  • sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    The RXS are stronger and will withstand every day use. RXE are not.
  • SteveR_100Milers
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sylvanus</i>

The RXS are stronger and will withstand every day use. RXE are not.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have a pair of RXE on winer bike used daily for 6 months now, no problems. Do you mean RXS CARBON (since the standard RXS is identical to the RXE save for the Q factor adjustment).

• sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    Yes - sorry - should have been clearer.