Carrying an Mp3 Player....?

nolf
nolf Posts: 1,287
edited May 2007 in Road beginners
Hello,

Just taken delivery of a brand new mp3 player and having spent a while putting songs on it I'm trying to work out where to carry it on me...?

Can't reach the back pocket, inside the jersey there are no pockets... so where?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

(BTW I don't want a debate about the pros and cons of carrying mp3 players while riding please)

Pride speaks, but Elephants listen...
"I hold it true, what'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost;
Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson

Comments

• gbyers
    gbyers Posts: 164
    Get a jogging arm band, I use one in the gym and with apple mini size player strapped to upper arm you don't know it's there.

Put a big enough playlist on and you don't need to reach it so you can leave it in the back pocket..

________________________________________________________________________________
    Anyone expecting to see a witty and imaginitive signature here obviously hasn't seen my username.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    What model?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Mine is play.com's finest [:D]

I just wanted a test model to see if I liked it- so got the 512mb version for œ9.99

I've just tried attaching a little pouch thing to the bib part of my shorts, seems to work but means I have a bit of a bulge on my front [:)]

The arm band sounds a nice idea, I've got about 6 hours of music on there so I will probably not need to fiddle with it, so access isn't important.

Now I just need to get a load of heart pumping tracks to put on there [:D]

Pride speaks, but Elephants listen...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Cunobelin
    I can't see if it has a lanyard fitting. If so a mobile phone lanyard (or piece of string) will hang it around your neck.

Otherwise a small pouch worn round the neck could do the job.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Just get headphones with a longer cable - run down inside the back of your jersey, out the hem and loop it up into your back pocket. Works for me anyhow.

<font size="1">"Hincapie's Disco pants are the best,
    They go from his arse to his chest,
    They're better than 'Sandro Ballans.
    Hincapie's Disco pants"</font id="size1">
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • I have an ipod and it comes with a case and nice clip, fits lovely onto my break and gear cables and nice and accessable to change tracks and stuff.....Yes I know it is dumb to do this riding along.

Ahhhh and a plastic bag never hurts to protect from the rain.
  • I use an armband - keeps player handy for adjusting volume when needed and fast forwarding through podcasts/tunes I don't want to hear.

I also use it when running.

Finally, I have written my ICE numbers on the inside so if my reduced hearing results in hospitalisation, my wife can be contacted with the greatest of ease (my model is ruggedised, with stopwatch, lap timer and basic splash-proofing so I don't need a plastic bag or pouch)
  • Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    iPod shuffle. It has an integrated clip which makes it easy to stick on t-shirt or jacket. It hasn't whinged about being out in the wet yet either.

--
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I'd use that.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • Cunobelin
    Try an Otter Box!

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    as greenbank says - the ipod shuffle is an amazing piece of kit for exercising with - think that must have been high on the design brief.

anyway - I tend to put mine on random play mode and leave it alone, so I would also say, get some headphones with a long enough cable and put the player in your rear jersey pocket.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    I have an ipod nano. Goes in the back pocket. You just need earphones with a longer cable. Will cost you a fiver and are likely to be better/more comfortable than the ones that came with your œ10 mp3 player.

Reckon an mp3 on a lanyard will swing arround and annoy. An armband will cost more than the mp3 player!

Rich
    <font size="1"><font color="green">Etape2007.Blogspot.Com</font id="green"></font id="size1">
    Rich