eurosport (cycling stop/ Henman go)!

speedbump
speedbump Posts: 416
edited May 2007 in Pro race
OK so tennis is a more popular sport than cycling, but turning off the end of a stage is out of order. Henman should have retired by now, and I'm sure his very few (small girl) fans would not be making the effort to watch Eurosport.

If it was Murray I would be annoyed but could understand that British Eurosport needed to show the future of British tennis, but showing Henman is taking the...!

Comments

• vermootencp
    vermootencp Posts: 1,298
    Yeah annoying, but at least it was a fairly dull stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font size="1">"I'll do what I can to help y'all. But the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple."
    </font id="size1">
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font>"I\'ll do what I can to help y\'all. But the game\'s out there, and it\'s play or get played. That simple."
    </font>
  • Tunnycp
    Tunnycp Posts: 92
    I tuned in at both 3pm today and at 10.45 pm for the highlights programme. No cycling to be found at those advertised times.
    First day I've missed the Giro this year . Bummer.

Will catch up tomorrow I guess.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Tiger Timmy got bombed out in the first round, straight sets to an unknown Latvian. So at least British ES won't use their opt-out and change their schedules again.
  • ah it was on German Eurosport from 1500 our time. Caught most of the interesting bits of the stage, good stuff from 'em.

tea is good
  • Has the cycling been cancelled tonight at 10.45....typical eurosport cant be trusted 1st of all it was the boring snooker in favour now its tennis....think i will look into getting eurosport international
  • weyayeman
    weyayeman Posts: 1,141
    Im cancelling my subscription

Dolly Parton certainly has some big hits.
    How son yee divent need gaan doon the Pit,coz thas plenty coal in the coal hoose
  • ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    it's just started, at 11.30.

is the coverage getting worse or is it just an illusion?

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by weyayeman</i>

Im cancelling my subscription

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Little extreme, no? The coverage has been good up until today. I can't think of a single day where the live coverage started more than 5 or 10 minutes late, and each day has had at least two hours.

Today was annoying, fair enough, but come on, at least they did it on a tedious transitional stage where nothing was happening.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    It tends to get pinched a bit in the final week due to the Paris tennis tournament - I remember one year there was no final day coverage at all except some brief evening highlights.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • vermootencp
    vermootencp Posts: 1,298
    Highlights are on again at 8am Weds morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font size="1">"I'll do what I can to help y'all. But the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple."
    </font id="size1">
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font>"I\'ll do what I can to help y\'all. But the game\'s out there, and it\'s play or get played. That simple."
    </font>
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Got a feeling that the 'queen stage' of the Giro might end up being a battle of unknown tennis players...this carry on of starting on Eurosport2 from 2pm then switching to Eurosport1 at 3pm is bad news for the Giro...as the Tennis is Live then it will continue the Tennis match coverage...and lets face it...Its the bloody Zoncolan stage...all us guys have been waiting for ages for this...so no doubt a pair of unknowns will end up going for a 5 set decider in the tennis...lets hope they get rained off...
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Gave up waiting for it to start at 11.05 last night - watched this mornings highlights as I have this week off work [:)]

Hope they don't do similar on today's stage.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • spartacuscp
    spartacuscp Posts: 151
    If cycling is advertised at 10.45 then the cycling fans tune in . Why do eurosport put on tennis , tennis fans don`t know cycling is being replaced by tennis . If they re-scheduled the timing and listed the changes of one sport to another then the tennis fans get a chance to catch their sport and i don`t wait up late .
    Are we supposed to hover over the telly waiting for indoor monkey golf to be de`selected and replaced by cycling as it is less popular ?

Enthusiasm over ability every time
    Enthusiasm over ability every time