Revolution hard case

Unknown
edited May 2007 in Workshop
Has anyone tried the hard transit case from Edinburgh Bike Coop and is it any good? It is currently on special offer at c. œ98 and a lot cheaper than other hard cases on the market.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLq ... 054m008067

Comments

• kmahony
    kmahony Posts: 380
    Paid 150 for it a few months back.

It's very good. Much better than the bag I had before. A bit of a faff the first time I used it (need to remove pedals, seat post and handlebars), but easy after that. Once you get the bike in (in my case a large compact frame) there's loads of room for all other stuff.

Tip: If you get one, connect the 2 latches in place at the top first, then the ones on the side.

If it wasn't for hangovers, I'd ride everyday.
  • Thanks for that
  • yup agreed, I paid œ150 for the DHB equivalent a few months ago, you have to spend a bit of time figuring out how the bike fits (ditch the wheel bags) as I have a large non compact frame, other than that is a good box

my bikes
    Terry Dolan - summer bike
    Carrera Vanquish -commuter bike
    Kona Cindercone - MTB
  • Tako
    Tako Posts: 209
    To those who have one, how are the handles? I'm interested with the current œoffer but after seeing/feeling the rather cheap side handle to pull the case, l don't know. The rest of the case is reassuringly well built but that handle? Anyone know for sure exactly how heavy they are empty?
  • xio
    xio Posts: 212
    13.5kg empty. I've got the Monoc one (which is the same case but with a velcro strap and a depressingly more expensive price tag). The handle looks a bit shaky, but it's never given me any problems.