Crash: One Fatal Day on the Roads. Watch BBC 1 Now

llanberispass
llanberispass Posts: 146
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Just watching this now. Will be interested to see the reaction to this you know where.

JUst seen a bit showing a lorry piling into a 30 mph limit at goodness knows what speed. Why do we accept this? What a depressing country.

I would agree with you know where. Speed cameras are useless. But they would not like what i want - speed limiters fitted to all cars and linked to the current limits. The technology exists so why do we not do it.

Comments

• Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    The depressing thing isn't the drivers going fast. It is cu@ts like ____ _______ and his bunch of lobotomised sycophants who dress up their desire to drive fast in a despicable 'Road Safety Campaign'.

It is these people who aim to legitimise speeding that are the real villains, not the drivers who latch onto their words.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • natureboyz
    natureboyz Posts: 82
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

The depressing thing isn't the drivers going fast. It is cu@ts like ____ _______ and his bunch of lobotomised sycophants who dress up their desire to drive fast in a despicable 'Road Safety Campaign'.

It is these people who aim to legitimise speeding that are the real villains, not the drivers who latch onto their words.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Utter Bollocks.
    You really think that every reckless speeding driver is influenced by PS or SS?
    I'd hazard a guess that 99.9% of the idiots have never even heard of PS or SS.
  • Jaded
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by natureboyz</i>

Utter Bollocks.

Is there a frontal lobe in there?

I thought not.

--
  • natureboyz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by natureboyz</i>

Utter Bollocks.

Is there a frontal lobe in there?

I thought not.

--

Meaning what exactly?
    Tis you who is talking through an orifice not designed for the purpose.
  • Jaded
    The fact that you cannot understand what I am saying (nor even read my first post correctly) is itself indicative. The meaning is clear. No need for further explanation.

--
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    Yes, I would say that every reckless speeding driver who knows about PS and safespeeding is influenced by them. Of course they would be. As would anyone be who they can take some legitimisation from.

And PS is on an ego mission. You know his ridiculous PRs which he throws out everytime a sparrow farts, and the amusement with which they are received by the press. His comments are printed because most of the time he is the only one daft enough to oppose some of the issues. And the speed apologists love it.

• natureboyz

The fact that you cannot understand what I am saying (nor even read my first post correctly) is itself indicative. The meaning is clear. No need for further explanation.

--

I undestood perfectly what you were saying and it is utter bollocks.It is the drivers who are to blame not SS .
    The fact that your response is meaningless would indicate that you have no explanation for your nonsense.
  • Jaded
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

i'd go back to the Maths question thread, boyz, you are doing better over there! [:D][:D][:D][:D]

--
  • natureboyz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

Yes, I would say that every reckless speeding driver who knows about PS and safespeeding is influenced by them. Of course they would be. As would anyone be who they can take some legitimisation from.

And PS is on an ego mission. You know his ridiculous PRs which he throws out everytime a sparrow farts, and the amusement with which they are received by the press. His comments are printed because most of the time he is the only one daft enough to oppose some of the issues. And the speed apologists love it.

You know I thought this thread was about speeding reckless drivers, not PS.
    Now whatever gave me that idea?
    Seems your agenda once more defeats the object of any discussion in the section of the forum.
    Good night.
  • natureboyz

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

i'd go back to the Maths question thread, boyz, you are doing better over there! [:D][:D][:D][:D]

--

Evasive or what?
  • natureboyz
    P.S.
    54 Posts + 6,345 Posts - 276 Posts = (hopefully)
    6383 Posts
    Really ?
  • Jaded

Seems your agenda once more defeats the object of any discussion in the section of the forum.
    Good night.

You talk of discussion and yet your first contribution to this thread is "Utter bollocks"

You say "Good night" and yet you are still here! [:D][:D][:D]

Quit while you are behind. [:)]

--
  • Mister Paul

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

Good night.

So what you're saying is that you have no defence against my comments about your daddy.

Why didn't you just say that then?

• Jaded
    Paul, leave him, it's Friday night, remember!

There's about 2 hours before full meltdown. [:D]

--
  • llanberispass
    llanberispass Posts: 146
    The human cost is so high - why do we not implement the technology we know have to drastically reduce it?

We have/had a few fast drivers (who lived here - one of whom was training to be a priest in the Baptist church!!) on our road. I wrote in conjunction my local councillor about getting a 20 mph limit (which no sane person would exceed - if saw the road u would know what i mean) and got the usual 'no-one has been killed so we are not going to do anything' reply.

I think local govt and its lack of intelligence is the real problem. Can anyone convince me that anyone with any real intelligence and (real) understanding of risk and safety works for local govt?
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113

--
    I doubt if that many drivers know or care who Small Pith is, but they drive too fast anyway and don't believe that it matters. In one sense, it's Mr. Blankety Blank who is drawing legitimacy from them.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Autogeddon - Heathcote Williams
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To keep a continuous carousel of consumer offal on the move#8213;
    In an alfresco gas chamber.
    MORE than twice the number in the death-camps,
    A hundred and thirty times the kill at Hiroshima,
    Eight times the count in Korea,
    Two hundred and thirty Vietnams,
    Eight thousand five hundred Ulsters . . .
    The Hundred Years War in a week;
    The Crusades in under thirty seconds.
    A Black Death with bubonic rats on wheels,
    A quarter of a million 'auto-fatalities' a year#8213;
    The humdrum holocaust#8213;
    The fast-food#8213;junk-death#8213;road-show.
    Take any accident ward
    Trying to service a few de-stocked slices
    From the 250,000 a year
    Wheeled in on stiff-scoops
    To brain and body garages
    By whistling ambulance men.
    Lines of metal beds on castors#8213;
    A medical parking lot.
    Sinuous tangles of drip-feeds
    Fuel those who blended too urgently with vehicles
    And make the room almost indistinguishable
    From a cross-section of an automobile's wiring system.
    Multiple pethidine booster shots to jerk them into over-drive
    Having turned their bodies into cribbage-boards.
    The unreported wounded, the unreported dying
    Vainly trying to kick their engines over.
    Screams of honking agony from rows and rows of impatient, stacks of meat.
    An attendant mops up blood-slick in the corridors twenty-four hours a day
    Watched by its donors
    As they try to steer their minds back into any available space
    Where the 'accident' never happened.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    That was a brilliant, moving programmme, made even more depressing by the petulant response of crapspeed, where posters are sulking that nobody bothered to ask for rent-a-quote gobshite's opinion, and shrieking that the children asked for being killed anyway, running into the road like they do.

noname.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14535
  • natureboyz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

That was a brilliant, moving programmme, made even more depressing by the petulant response of crapspeed, where posters are sulking that nobody bothered to ask for rent-a-quote gobshite's opinion, <b>and shrieking that the children asked for being killed anyway, running into the road like they do.</b>

Provide a link to anyone saying this .
    Please.
  • natureboyz

Good night.

<b>So what you're saying is that you have no defence against my comments about your daddy.</b>

Why didn't you just say that then?

How do you come to that conclusion?
  • Trollcp
    Trollcp Posts: 14

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

That was a brilliant, moving programmme, made even more depressing by the petulant response of crapspeed, where posters are sulking that nobody bothered to ask for rent-a-quote gobshite's opinion, <b>and shrieking that the children asked for being killed anyway, running into the road like they do.</b>

Please.

He has a link in his post; you just need a brain to work it out.

he could maybe also be referring to this comment made in another noname.uk thread.

"They started the program with a couple talking about their 6 year old son being killed. Queue long story about the child being excited about his gun and shots of the road. Main fact that was mentioned at the end and then a quick cut to another story was that the child stepped out in front of the car. Why, if the child was excited, did the parents not have a tight hold on him?"

responsibility of the parents to keep the road clear of any obstructions to allow drivers to drive how they want, or the driver to make sure he can stop in the distance that he can see to be clear.

See, I'm a troll too.

Byeeee!!!

I'll go back under my bridge now.
    I\'ll go back under my bridge now.
  • natureboyz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Troll</i>

Please.

He has a link in his post; you just need a brain to work it out.

he could maybe also be referring to this comment made in another noname.uk thread.

"They started the program with a couple talking about their 6 year old son being killed. Queue long story about the child being excited about his gun and shots of the road. Main fact that was mentioned at the end and then a quick cut to another story was that the child stepped out in front of the car. Why, if the child was excited, did the parents not have a tight hold on him?"

responsibility of the parents to keep the road clear of any obstructions to allow drivers to drive how they want, or the driver to make sure he can stop in the distance that he can see to be clear.

See, I'm a troll too.

Byeeee!!!

You maybe a troll ,but I doubt it. A regular contributor with no balls maybe.
    I am not a troll I just don't go along with this 'blame everything on safespeed' bollocks.
  • Trollcp
    Trollcp Posts: 14

is that a hypocritical supposition?

I\'ll go back under my bridge now.
  • natureboyz
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Troll</i>

is that a hypocritical supposition?

Neither hypocritical or suppositious .
    A statement of fact.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I just don't go along with this 'blame everything on safespeed' bollocks. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Got a log in at crapspeed nature? Do me a quaver, ask the pony-tailed geek who the "independent experts" are that he claims have examined his work.

I asked the same question and he deleted it and banned me. Must have caught him on a bad day or summat.

Let us know what he says won't you? The names of the experts who he says have checked his work. Any name at all would be great, ta so much.
  • Mister Paul

I am not a troll I just don't go along with this 'blame everything on safespeed' bollocks.

You'll find, again, that you can't justify this allegation. No-one blames everything on Mr Smith and his safespeeding site.

What SS does do however is legitimise this kind of dangerous driving. It's almost a weekly occurence for someone to register on the site, say that they have just been caught speeding, and ask if there is anything that they can do to get away with it.

SS is a magnet for poor drivers, dangerous drivers and drivers who wrongly think that they know best. And under that definition the minority site is well deserved of its national mockery and disgust.

• Jaded
    natureboz, in your haste to read as much anti-SS stuff into my original post you have missed the word "like". That qualifies my statement and indicates that I believe that ____ _______ and his bunch of lobotomised sycophants are part of the problem not the whole problem. You make yourself look foolish and rather excitable with this statement: "I just don't go along with this 'blame everything on safespeed' bollocks."

Sometimes I wonder if you are actually several people posting under the same name. Occasionally you seem quite bright, but only occasionally.

--
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    That was a very sad and sobering programme. Too many people die on the roads, hit by motor vehicles.

Do you think we could stop bickering and come up with solutions?

<font size="1">
    <b>No longer looking for a pennyfarthing as I've got some powerbocks instead. Casualty here I come!</b>
    It is by will alone I set my ride in motion.</font id="size1">
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndyGates</i>

Very good point Andy, I don't see why not.
    I don't really understand why the subject of SS's involvement keeps cropping up time and time again on here... perhaps, is it because the speed camera lobby feels threatened by its influence? Or is it because they are frustrated at having a spanner thrown in the works of their arguments? It has got to ridiculous levels when they've gone running to admin and got the spell checker altered so it filters out all mention of it. Out of sight, out of mind - is that the idea?
  • Mister Paul
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndyGates</i>

Very good point Andy, I don't see why not.
    I don't really understand why the subject of SS's involvement keeps cropping up time and time again on here... perhaps, is it because the speed camera lobby feels threatened by its influence? Or is it because they are frustrated at having a spanner thrown in the works of their arguments? It has got to ridiculous levels when they've gone running to admin and got the spell checker altered so it filters out all mention of it. Out of sight, out of mind - is that the idea?

It crops up often BonjBenBoss, because there are SS supporters, yourself included, who frequent this site.

There's nothing at all threatening about the minority campaign. Personally, I just find it very entertaining. And it never does any harm to reveal it for what it really is. Road safety campaign? Yeah right.