Scouser misbehavior a taboo subject?

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

End quote. Patrick, please don't try to cover up for ankev by lying about what he said.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I did not lie about what he said. You seem to have some peculiar obsession that anyone who disagrees with you is lying. Needless to say, you try to hide your identity in a cowardly way in the hope that you can get away with it. It's small wonder that you have been banned from this forum about six times to my knowledge. Does that not tell you something about yourself? Do you not realise that there is something wrong with you? Why don't you try to behave in a civilised fashion?
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    Certainly more than six, Patrick

Tabernacle
    BimblyWimbly
    WavyDavy
    DougieLowe
    Yusaf
    Toshiake
    Bartlett
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Certainly more than six, Patrick

Tabernacle
    BimblyWimbly
    WavyDavy
    DougieLowe
    Yusaf
    Toshiake
    Bartlett

The inescapable conclusion is that someone who gets banned seven times from a pretty liberal forum, but keeps coming back and behaving in the same way is in pretty desperate need of help.
  • spire
    Perhaps we should be kind to him?
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    i've seen the way lawyers and business men operate - so i concluded that you were being kind.

You also probably recognise that he has a point.

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Perhaps we should be kind to him?

Well, I am. I don't go round telling him he's an idiot. I'm usually pretty polite to him, just as I would with anyone who's mentally ill. After all, if you know that someone's got some psychiatric syndrome, you do your best to make allowances. Sometimes you've just got to ignore the outbursts, the dribbling etc. and do the best you can with them.
  • Unkraut
    Unkraut Posts: 1,103
    He may well have a point, but it gets lost in all the invective.
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Ankev lied about people unable to defend themselves, he has no response to the people who have taken the trouble to post the truth about what happened at Hillsborough.

Just don't expect me to stay quiet whilst ankev lies about what happened.

I did not lie and I have no interest in lying about this matter. You now seem to be boiling the matter down to being that anybody who does not quote or paraphrase the Taylor report must be lying.

A mass of football fans, having, it appears, been misdirected by the police, in their eagerness to get into the game pushed their way forward causing, probably without knowledge let alone intention, the death of some of their fellow fans. The subsequent general response of the fans seems to have been that the whole thing was anybody's fault but theirs. The horrors of Hillsborough have since become part of football's and more particularly Liverpool FC's folklore i.e. it is perhaps never too far from their minds.

As a result of similar circumstances arising last night, Spen reasonably raised the question of whether or not Liverpool fans would ever learn. I pointed out my opinion that at some point people have to take responsiblity for their own actions and the inital and wholly without malice aforethought, action of the fans in pushing into the stadium was the ultimate cause of the deaths.

I do not like the idea of apportioning blame in this matter because everybody who got things wrong from the fans to the police probably did not have the foggiest about what the consequences of the chain of events would be. As a result of the Hillsborough events it is possible to be more scathing about the actions of the Liverpool fans last night (irrespective of how frustrated they were) because they should most definitely know better.

Your typical, half-cock, hysterical reaction (which continues every time you call me a liar for not sharing your slave like devotion to the Taylor report) delivers a more eloquent testimony about the nature of your psyche to the readers of this forum than anything I could hope to say.
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    i love the characters who come here. i know what you mean about invective, but i've used a little myself from time to time, so no grounds for compliant.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

i love the characters who come here. i know what you mean about invective, but i've used a little myself from time to time, so no grounds for compliant.

Certainly not, you commie scumbag. [;)]
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    True Redders. You sometimes manage to be a complete affront to my sense of reason, logic, liberality, intellect and occasionally, decorum, but I never end up feeling insulted.

And no ... don't even think about it.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

True Redders. You sometimes manage to be a complete affront to my sense of reason, logic, liberality, intellect and occasionally, decorum, but I never end up feeling insulted.

In fairness to redders, you always get the feeling that you could have a pint with him, whereas with one or two others here, the pint could only be adminstered to them with a tube once the nurses had fitted their straitjackets.
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

I wasn't aware that there was fences during the 70's. If they weren't a <i>major</i> cause of the deaths, why were they removed from every pitch in the UK?

SNAPS

You might as well state that standing was a (the?) major cause of death then all seater stadia wouldn't have been introduced. In fact that was the main recommendation of the report.

Whilst I agree that the accident simply wouldn't have happened had there been no fences in place, it is also true to say that with proper organisation by the police and the stewards then the accident wouldn't have happened either.

We know that in the overwhelming majority of cases matches were carried out safely in fenced stadia.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris James</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

I wasn't aware that there was fences during the 70's. If they weren't a <i>major</i> cause of the deaths, why were they removed from every pitch in the UK?

SNAPS

You might as well state that standing was a (the?) major cause of death then all seater stadia wouldn't have been introduced. In fact that was the main recommendation of the report.

Whilst I agree that the accident simply wouldn't have happened had there been no fences in place, it is also true to say that with proper organisation by the police and the stewards then the accident wouldn't have happened either.

We know that in the overwhelming majority of cases matches were carried out safely in fenced stadia.

You forgot the proper conduct of the fans, which was after all what started this thread.

SNAPS
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I'm usually pretty polite to him, just as I would with anyone who's mentally ill. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Charming.
  • knucklehead
    knucklehead Posts: 243
    I don't know about the game last night but the liverpool travelling support who attended the Millwall game in 2006 where complete scum.
    They trampled a disabled Liverpool fan while trying to get through the police line and onto the pitch to reach the millwall support, threw coins at the millwall support and players, ripped up and smashed seats which are bolted to the ground, attacked and threatened the millwall stewards who had to leave the away stand to the police to manage and waited around London bridge to attack other fans who change at the station after the match.

2 Liverpool supporters I work with joined me in the millwall stands for the game and have refused tickets to see the team since then as they where so disgusted by the fans at the game.

No one likes us, we don't care!
    I love the way that previously sensible people now come out with the old stereotypes and cliches when we discuss scousers.

Whiny, self pitying, bla bla bla.

Its as bad as motorists decrying cyclists as lycra hooligans and just as pathetic.

As someone else pointed out - if its not acceptable to label all Pakistani or Indian people the same - why should it be allowed to label scousers the same ?

Any football crowd will see a vast spectrum of the population represented - just like any cycling club. But no - lets dehumanise them and label them with a few words. Its happened time and time again the world over and never with good results.

I'm shocked at some of the comments on here from people I thought were decent guys.
  • Canrider
    Canrider Posts: 2,253
    Hear hear, cougie.

"We will never win until the oil runs out or they invent hover cars - but then they may land on us." -- lardarse rider
    "We will never win until the oil runs out or they invent hover cars - but then they may land on us." -- lardarse rider
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by knucklehead</i>

I don't know about the game last night but the liverpool travelling support who attended the Millwall game in 2006 where complete scum.
    They trampled a disabled Liverpool fan while trying to get through the police line and onto the pitch to reach the millwall support, threw coins at the millwall support and players, ripped up and smashed seats which are bolted to the ground, attacked and threatened the millwall stewards who had to leave the away stand to the police to manage and waited around London bridge to attack other fans who change at the station after the match.

2 Liverpool supporters I work with joined me in the millwall stands for the game and have refused tickets to see the team since then as they where so disgusted by the fans at the game.

No one likes us, we don't care!

And Millwall fans are known for being such timid folks!!

Being serious though, I think you'll find this kind of mentality and behaviour in any football crowd. Be it a Premiership side or some lower down division.

SNAPS
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    I used to pick the coins up after the game at Carrow Road. Make thirty or forty pea when I was twelve.

Look, Spire baited the trap and the usual suspects turned up and collided, it was ever thus.
  • tony bell
    tony bell Posts: 689
    What have I missed?

Edit: It's okay, got the gist of it now after wading through six pages. I'm from Birkenhead, over the Mersey from Liverpool, so not a scouser, and I'm not a football fan. But I will agree with some of the observations expressed here. Many scousers I know do tend to be self-absorbed, chip-on-the-shoulder, the-world-owes-us-a-living, we're-better-at-everything-than-anybody-else grief junkies.
    And it's funny how, as soon as a Liverpudlian makes a few bob, they move out of their paradise city.[:)]

www.Tony-Bell.co.uk
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    Don't worry Tony. I am sure that the width of the Mersey won't be enough to stop people tarring you with the scouse brush. On the other thread people from Dublin and Norway were bieng labelled scousers.

I am originally from Chester and many of the people I have met from Birkenhead seem to be wannabe scousers so I think your description is quite funny. Especially as about 99% of the population would find people from Birkenhead indistinguishable from Liverpudlians.
  • jpembrokecp
    jpembrokecp Posts: 1,968
    Why don't we all go out for a nice ride in the countryside and forget this ever happened, eh?

well, yes <i>and</i> no......but mainly no.

well, yes <i>and</i> no......but mainly no.
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony bell</i>

And it's funny how, as soon as a Liverpudlian makes a few bob, they move out of their paradise city.[:)]

Two good examples - Cilla Black and that awful fake accent and Anne (You are the weakest link) Robinson born in Kirkby - rough part of town - moved to Boot Hill, sorry, I mean Bootle - almost as bad but claims that she is from Crosby - Boot Hill's posher neighbour.

One moving the other way is Sporty Spice, a Widnesian claiming to be a Scouser. I know that Widnes is not perfect but.....

http://bangkokhippo.blogspot.com/

Ex-XXL weigh-in 26/27 May: Update published: Monday 28 May
  • gary b
    gary b Posts: 110
    Well if you lived around here you would get to know that their are variations within the dialect. And coming from the wirral i find some of them quite hard to understand. How a foreigner gets on god only knows.
    Can we add Carla Lane to the tossers list we where glad to get rid off, she pushed many a stereo typical scouse idea.
    Liverpool, not wirral
    importers of
    sugar
    drugs
    tabacco
    irish
    slave trade
    first railway
    First British public Art Gallery
    and many more facts without blowing our wistle
    http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260

the revolution will not be motorised.....
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

In fairness to redders, you always get the feeling that you could have a pint with him, whereas with one or two others here, the pint could only be adminstered to them with a tube once the nurses had fitted their straitjackets.

Seconded.

Redcogs and I are probably about as far apart politically as you can get (particularly in the way he wants to hold back the education of the working class [;)]) , but I always feel he's a decent bloke and I would be delighted to buy him a pint of heavy.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

I used to pick the coins up after the game at Carrow Road. Make thirty or forty pea when I was twelve.

Look, Spire baited the trap and the usual suspects turned up and collided, it was ever thus.

OK, I confess this point completely escapes me. Please explain; I assume it's ironic or allegorical in some way.
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    gary b, Carla lane - added to the list! I spent my first 20-odd years in Prescot, Lancashire - <u>not</u> Merseyside and the next 30-odd in Widnes, Lancashire - <u>not</u> Cheshire. There are subtle differences in Scouse; with practice, you will be able to tell where the person comes from and background.
    The list - http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260 - is seriously flawed, the author has not done his research properly! <b>"1166 - First mention of Liverpool, in a deed of the Earl of Mortain, later King John." </b>You will have to go back about 80 years to find the first reference to Liverpool - 'Liverpool, a small fishing village about 10 mile distant from Prescot.' KIng John was only born in 1166 and was only created Count (not Earl) of Mortain in 1189 when his brother Richard was crowned and granted the title to John.
    I bet you did not think that a cycling forum could be so educational!

http://bangkokhippo.blogspot.com/

Ex-XXL weigh-in 26/27 May: Update published: Monday 28 May
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gary b</i>

Well if you lived around here you would get to know that their are variations within the dialect. And coming from the wirral i find some of them quite hard to understand. How a foreigner gets on god only knows.
    Can we add Carla Lane to the tossers list we where glad to get rid off, she pushed many a stereo typical scouse idea.
    Liverpool, not wirral
    importers of
    sugar
    drugs
    tabacco
    irish
    slave trade
    <b>first railway</b>
    First British public Art Gallery
    and many more facts without blowing our wistle
    http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260

Eh? Where do you get THAT idea from?

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Sworkscp
    Sworkscp Posts: 113
    Im from not too far away from TonyB and when around the country I am branded a scouser when im not,ive heard all the jokes that the knockers usually say and me being me I give a good bit of banter back.

Two point's taken from this thread....

1.Liverpool is NOT the only town/city in the UK that has its 'issues' so far as unemployment etc etc is concerned it just seems that it a 'reputation' that its the worst by far IT IS NOT[;)]

2.ANYBODY who can knock,make fun of or say ANYTHING wether it be in jest about thoses men,women and children who died at Hillsborough wants their head stoving in regardless of whose fault it was the fact of the matter is all those people are dead and it was a sad day for liverpool and football full stop.