Scouser misbehavior a taboo subject?

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Spen's thread has been locked. Any idea why?

Comments

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Ankev's allegations about the dead people being to blame was beneath contempt, but I didn't flag it.
  • No idea. I can only assume that some whiney scouser has complained about the way it was developing. Obviously it would not have been their fault though!!!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26011722@N00/
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    Stupid whining accents, they must have one in the C+ offices.

Bunch of self-obsessed grief addicts, fed up listening to them.

Thank God AC Milan won!

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • Can you really not understand why it's been locked ? I can .

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/roads4bikes/
  • Imagine if some of the things been said were about for example black people or people from pakistan .

• zimzum42
    If they are so amazing (scousers), can't they argue their case, rather than 'running to teacher'?

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    It couldn't have been to do with the offensive stereotyped bollo cks being peddled by the usual offensive stereotyping peddlers could it?

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Ankev's allegations about the dead people being to blame was beneath contempt, but I didn't flag it.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I suspect that you didn't flag it for two reasons:

1. He didn't say that - he said people should take responsibility for their own actions.

2. You're hardly in a position to complain about others and draw attention to yourself. [;)]
  • rothbook
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> He didn't say that <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ankev1 Posted - 24/05/2007 : 09:43:36

The responisiblilty for those deaths and the potential for deaths last night lies fairly and squarely with the fans who pushed their way in.

End quote.

From his position of rank ignorance ankev decided to slag off 93 dead people. Men, women and children died and ankev gleefully dances on their graves and lies about them.
  • Has anybody actually been to a big football match with ticketing problems ?
    You do realise that Liverpool FC have fans from all over the world ?

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> He didn't say that <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The responisiblilty for those deaths and the potential for deaths last night lies fairly and squarely with the fans who pushed their way in.

End quote.

From his position of rank ignorance ankev decided to slag off 93 dead people. Men, women and children died and ankev gleefully dances on their graves and lies about them.

Steady on - you've been banned before for accusing people of lying.
  • zimzum42
    And if the Liverpool fans at work are anyhting to go by, they are annoying as hell wherever they come from.......

My Bikes My Commute
  • rothbook
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Steady on - you've been banned before for accusing people of lying.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What makes you think Lord Taylor was lying?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Steady on - you've been banned before for accusing people of lying.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What makes you think Lord Taylor was lying?

What you said was: "Men, women and children died and ankev gleefully dances on their graves and lies about them."

What has this got to do with Lord Taylor's report?
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

End quote.

You complete and utter, not to mention actionable, idiot. How does laying the blame at the feet of those who pushed their way in amount to slagging of 93 dead people or gleefully dancing on their graves and lying about them? Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of Englsih syntax couldn't make that connection. If I were "lying" about anybody it would be about the fans who pushed their way in as I did not attribute any blame to the dead.

"Lying" in your version of the language has to come to mean the expression of any view to which you take strong exception.

My fundamental point which perhaps I should have spelt out for the hard of thinking is that at the bottom of actual and potential tragedies lay what can only be described as the actions of an unruly mob. Funnily enough I don't like the idea of people dying for the sake of a few football match tickets. I accept that the police mishandled things in both cases but in both cases the root cause of it all was people bahaving in an unreasonable and dangerous manner.
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

And I suppose your comment was honourable and fair:

"There was no hooliganism at Hillsborough, the police arranged the deaths of the supporters..."
  • rothbook
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And I suppose your comment was honourable and fair: <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ankev has his view, that the supporters caused the deaths. He's offered no evidence to support his claims.

I have my own view, supported with eye-witness statements, the admissions of dishonesty and incompetence by the police, and the official enquiry into the Hillborough disaster.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

You complete and utter, not to mention actionable, idiot. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good point. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that it's libellous. Judging by the payout in the Mumsnet case, it would probably be worth five figures. Fancy a crack with a "no win, no fee" on the basis that we split the <s>winnings </s>damages 50:50. If he can't rustle up the money in cash, we can get it deducted from his salary or put a charging order on his house so it can be sold.[;)]
  • Litespeeder
    Litespeeder Posts: 55
    <i>Originally posted by zimzum42</i>

If they are so amazing (scousers), can't they argue their case, rather than 'running to teacher'?

I'm an original scouser (Crosby), I've travelled the country with my work for many a year, and I can honestly say the humour and wit is something I've yet to experience anywhere else, not biased honest. However when it comes to critism, we are thick skinned enough to laugh the dreary comments off, when was the last time a scouser gave a serious reply to Boris J etc. We just laugh it off similar to the stereotypical Harry Enfield sketches.
    Personally I say it relates to football, again this sums up football fans, I don't like the arrogance of Chelsea fans(seen first hand), but I wouldn't label Chelsea citizens with the same brush.
    Get real and just sympathise with the ones who arrived too late for their seat etc. Someone mentioned above that not all fans of LFC are scousers. If you stand outside the LFC souvenir shop on a Saturday afternoon,including the irish its a mass of all nationalities, same goes for Man utd's support SO DON"T TARR ALL SCOUSERS WITH A FOOTBALL BRUSH. By the way i'm not LFC biased I'm an Everton through and through!!! Finally 4 Athens bus wheel trims for sale swap for a decent giro holder or cash considered!!
  • ankev1
    Rothbook,

So now you're softening your tone a little, which is nice to see.

As I've pointed out, I do believe that supporters pushing their way in lay at the root of it all, triggering off a chain of events which led to the deaths. Feel free to disagree with that but ask yourself one question: if the fans had not been pushing their way in, would anybody have died?

Now how about an apology for the "slagging of the dead and dancing on their graves" remark?
  • zimzum42
    I'm looking for a rare Lancia 'cap.

Any games in Italy coming up?

My Bikes My Commute
  • rothbook
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I do believe that supporters pushing their way in lay at the root of it all, triggering off a chain of events which led to the deaths.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And your unshakeable faith in this lie you have zero evidence for makes you a deeply unpleasant, cowardly person.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

Now how about an apology for the "slagging of the dead and dancing on their graves" remark?

Good move! If he fails to apologise, then you're entitled to extra damages. [:p]
  • ajevans
    ajevans Posts: 373
    Agree with Litespeeder.

Liverpool Fan does not necessarily equal Scouser and vice-versa.
  • ankev1
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

You complete and utter, not to mention actionable, idiot. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good point. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that it's libellous. Judging by the payout in the Mumsnet case, it would probably be worth five figures. Fancy a crack with a "no win, no fee" on the basis that we split the <s>winnings </s>damages 50:50. If he can't rustle up the money in cash, we can get it deducted from his salary or put a charging order on his house so it can be sold.[;)]

It's a grand idea but life's too short. FWIW I wouldn't want to profit from his foolishness. The prospect of perhaps getting him to make a donation to a charity whose work he would really dislike has a certain charm though. But as I've already indicated I would settle for a show of good manners on his part.
  • rothbook
    www.contrast.org/hillsborough

Learn and be educated, you disgraceful person. "Hillsborough was caused by the unruly yob element"....I cannot believe 15 years on people are still being fed the lies.

Hooligan paranoia, and the pathetic efforts and atttiudes of the police and the politicians in Britain are what led to so many people dying at Hillsborough. The Taylor report released immediately after Hillsborough removed any blame from the fans.

Get your facts right and let the 96 rest in peace instead of spitting on their graves.
  • stelvio
    stelvio Posts: 1,422
    The police may have been incompetent; but how many dead if, instead of football supporters, the crowd had been C of E vicars or opera lovers ?
  • zimzum42
    The Police probably were at fault, but there would not have been a problem if the fans were not turning up without tickets and so on.

You're not saying the supporters are blameless, are you?

My Bikes My Commute
  • Unkraut
    Unkraut Posts: 1,103
    Obviously feelings still run very high on this subject, but I am not sure arguing about who was/is to blame will solve much, and only seems to be generating an 'attitude problem', which is not showing the dead much respect, whatever your view.
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    People charged with controlling (football) crowds should be aware of how they can behave.

People charged with designing the layout of entrances to grounds should consider the consequences of funneling a group into one area

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">