Have you seen the FREE travel to France offer?

Comments

• Very positive and encouraging action - great news if you live on the south coast and have easy access to the ferry.

The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
    The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
  • psmiffy
    psmiffy Posts: 236
    I went across last easter by sea france return was less than œ25 inc bicycle - would suggest that it very encouraging that they have even thought about it - but would appear to be a very cost effective promotional on their part
  • Zygite
    Zygite Posts: 142
    Flippin great! Went with P+O last year for a couple of day trips (Calais to Boulogne) costing 6 pounds each (left the car in Dover). It's a great place to cycle once you're out of Calais - rolling hills and clear roads...Cheap is not a dirty word in my house - neither is 'free', and I shall definitely be using the Seafrance offer.

Cycle killer? Qu'est ce que c'est?
  • Always use SeaFrance and find them excellent.
    Zygite where do you park at Dover? and what is the cost?

CALL CENTRES: Putting you in touch with idiots worldwide
  • Zygite
    Last time it was about 6 pounds at the port. If you park up just off the Maison Dieu road or Woolcomber street it's cheaper, but don't leave your Tomtom on view...

• M3ta7h3ad
    M3ta7h3ad Posts: 1,110
    ah doh... just realised I made a repost. Doh!

Cyclecraft - Get it!
  • booma
    booma Posts: 4
    I have just booked with another large sailing ferry for easter monday œ8.00 return travelling as a foot passenger with bicycle cheap as "frites" bon voyage
  • Thinking of doing a route from Calais in June with the offer, along the coast.How hilly is it? Was going to stay in B & B or similar. Have you any experience of this? Can you turn up or do you need to book etc? Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Ian

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zygite</i>

Flippin great! Went with P+O last year for a couple of day trips (Calais to Boulogne) costing 6 pounds each (left the car in Dover). It's a great place to cycle once you're out of Calais - rolling hills and clear roads...Cheap is not a dirty word in my house - neither is 'free', and I shall definitely be using the Seafrance offer.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • Zygite
    Shamrock,
    Coast is hilly, especially Cap Blanc Nez, but if you do it right you'll have the wind behind you. I recommend the route from Calais inland down through Desvres, Guines (D127) etc to Boulogne, then back along the coast road, or vice versa depending on the wind direction. Make sure it's behind you on the coast, which is very exposed.

I've never had to book, but a phone call first might be worthwhile.

I've done it with a couple of pretty unfit guys who made it up all the hills on their hybrids. Eventually. Emergency bike shop in Marquise if needed (and it was when a co-riders tyre blew out with no spare).

The town of Wimereux (7km from Boulogne)is great for lunch in one of the seafront resto's watching loonies kitesurfing into the rocks.
    Happy to help. Ask away if I can help further.

• 12volt
    12volt Posts: 32
    just booked to go over on june 18th for 2days anyone know any good routes ?

anyone else fancy joining me and my brother in law for the trip ? [:)]
  • Bonno
    Bonno Posts: 69
    Hi 12volt ,i'm thinking of going over for a couple of days myself(wife permitting!) whats your plans?,mileage etc. Cheers

www.victoriacyclingclub.co.uk
  • 12volt
    12volt Posts: 32
    hi bonno sorry ive not replied sooner away with work
    were going over on the monday maybe ride 50-60 miles a cheap hotel/b+b
    and then a different route back not 2 sure exactly yet any ideas ??
  • Bonno
    Bonno Posts: 69
    Sorry mate, Wife's just arranged for us to visit her brother in Cyprus,flying out on the sunday 17th. Have a great time anyway, i will if i can find a decent bike hire shop [:)]

www.victoriacyclingclub.co.uk