The 2007 Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Rob Sallnow
Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
2006 sees the third running of the Cycling Plus Forum's Century A Month Challenge and you and your bike are more than welcome to participate. Simply stick your name down in this thread. Any questions not answered by the rules below, post them here[:)]

The concept is simple:

<font color="red">Ride at least one century in each calendar month through 2006.</font id="red">

<u>The rules:</u>

-A century is a single ride of at least 100.0 <b>miles</b> as measured on a reasonably accurate cycle computer. 99.9 miles or less is not a century.

-Breaks/stops during the ride are permitted for refreshment/repairs/sightseeing etc but stops to sleep and stops at your home are not permitted.

-A qualifying century cannot start before 0001hrs on the morning of the first day of the calendar month.

-For qualifying rides ridden on the last day of the month: the 100.0 mile mark must have been passed by 2359.59 hrs on that day.

-If you miss a month you are out of the challenge, no exceptions for any reason, riding more than one century in a month does <u>not</u> entitle you to miss a month in lieu.

-Centuries ridden on rollers/turbo trainers/indoor velodromes do not count towards the challenge.

-Qualifying rides should be posted in a Register thread which will be started and stickied on Jan 1 in the Ride section. Simply post once and subsequently edit that one post each month....for an example check here: http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... hichpage=1

-There will once again be a Century A Month Chat thread specifically for posting comments, planned rides, bowing out excuses etc which will keep the main Register as neat and tidy as possible.

-Usual safety and responsibility cop out disclaimers apply blah blah blah...own risk...your fault nobody elses...yadda yadda yadda[:)]

<u>Prizes:</u>

All those that successfully ride a century in each month of 2006 will receive a virtual pat on the back from your equally successful peers[:)]

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

Ribble Cycles is the devil in bike shop form!
I'd rather walk than use Shimano

Comments

• Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    Accepted
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • Count me in again

Geoff
  • Phil Dyson
    Phil Dyson Posts: 2,553
    and me

Phil
    Phil
  • 1x1
    1x1 Posts: 506
    oh, ok then.
    I'll see if I can last longer into 2006 than this year at least...
  • caradoc
    caradoc Posts: 443
    Yes Im up for it, I need to keep some sort of focus

it is not the things themselves that trouble us, but the opinions that we have about them
    it is not the things themselves that trouble us, but the opinions that we have about them
  • chisacp
    chisacp Posts: 1,564
    i'll give it a go

<i>Death machine infest my corpse to be...</i>
    CHISABLOG
  • Razcp
    Razcp Posts: 526
    Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we good arrange century rides by geographical loacation so we don't have to do them on our own ?!!

<font size="1">I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass.</font id="size1">
  • Jokull
    Jokull Posts: 248
    I'm in
  • 2006, I will be doing this... 2005 just didn't work out for me, but absolutely, count me in.

"Groove IS in the heart..."

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • n/a111
    n/a111 Posts: 4,679
    I'll be there
    Phil

www.fixed.org.uk

\'Ce gars l… a des jambes de pro : en acier en montant, en caoutchouc en descendant\'
  • Mr P
    Mr P Posts: 548
    me too
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    Back in the ring to take another swing... [:D]

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">If you don't like what you see here,
    Get the funk out...</font id="size1">
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • edit: I've wimped out and joined the metric century a month challenge instead.
  • Rob Sallnow
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cometworm</i>

Oooh, I likes a challenge!!

Do double-centuries get double-points?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nope[;)]

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 295
    Planning to do at least one 200K Audax a month, so count me in for a little extra incentive come January.

An Audax counts right?
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 295
    Thanks Phil, yep as Poor Student is the only 200K anywhere near me in January I guess it has to be. Wish it was the nearer end of the month though!
  • blazin
    blazin Posts: 556
    Yup I,m up for it

Hows life
  • i'll give it another go.
  • 1x1
    1x1 Posts: 506
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phil Dyson</i>
    What happened this year, Matt? A good start and then suddenly nothing.

Phil
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Phil

I seem to do most of my riding in autumn/winter/spring and then other things get in the way over the summer. After missing a month, I didn't bother recording any others here, but I'm currently right back into the swing of things with a 250km in November (as a perm Audax) and then one of Dave Lewis's 200km rides from Cardiff last weekend for a December ride.
    I'm having another go at the round-the-year 200km audax thing at the moment (not as straightforward as it sounds!).
    I'll expect to bump into a few familiar faces on the Poor Student or Dr Foster's Winter Warmer next month....?
  • skinnycp
    skinnycp Posts: 111
    Count me in again. The only new year's resolution I'm ever likely to keep. I'm not planning on breaking any bones in 2006 so I should do better than 2005...

Duct tape is like a force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the Universe together...
    Duct tape is like a force: it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the Universe together...
  • Count me in. Lets hope January is not snow covered for the whole of the month in darkest Aberdeen

It's just another S**tty day in paradise
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • jwocp
    jwocp Posts: 105
    Me too please. I thought I would try for an Audax round the year thingy too, altough I started in Nov, so it looks like a 14 month year for me.

Jo.

<font size="1">Once fixed, never forgotten; it's like learning to ride a bike.</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">Once fixed, never forgotten; it\'s like learning to ride a bike.</font id="size1">
  • doing the metric century instead, Leicester and back today, great start to the year.
    BeestonCC Sportive
    Sunday 24th June 2012
    Enjoy the finest cycling in the Peak District.
    47, 75 and 111 mile routes.
    http://www.beestonccsportive.co.uk/
  • Fiona Neall
    Fiona Neall Posts: 1,887
    I'll sign up again although Jan and Feb in Kendal are going to be more of a challenge than Italy was, even with foot warmers.

Could I be the first to make the whole year on recumbents only - an extra incentive [:D]?
  • Rob Sallnow
    You can if you like!!!

• JonSkids
    JonSkids Posts: 464
    Count me in. Hope 2006 works out better than 2005.
  • I'm back for a third attempt. [^]

<font color="blue"><font size="1">
    Two more years, there's only two more years
    Two more years so hold on.</font id="size1"></font id="blue">
    <font color="blue"><font size="1">
    Quick, lets leave before the lights come on.</font id="size1"></font id="blue">
  • I'll have another go, just completed this years today, easier when the sun shines, hell of a lot harder when its gets colder!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    count me in ,
  • What the hell , i'll give it ago

Ride on
    Ride on