Is Bedgebury the best place in South East?

impished
impished Posts: 1,092
edited July 2007 in XC and Enduro
Many peeps been to Bedgebury?
I started going there a couple of weeks ago and think it's great![:D]
Ok, so it's no Coed-Y-Brenin[:(]
But at least there's less sheep....[:p]

www.impished.co.uk

Comments

• paulf2007
    paulf2007 Posts: 341
    depends what you are looking for. Its ok for single track but have you tried the trails around ightham, near to borough green. Some nice descents with steps and some good climbs. If you're up for it, could meet you somewhere after we get back from morzine for a xc ride. Also the north downs from the medway to vigo.
  • DomA
    DomA Posts: 530
    Hi, where abouts in ightham Paul?
    505705811_e0b856800e_t.jpgMaxlight XC>120
  • uniqueride
    uniqueride Posts: 177
    I have been to bedgebury and i loved the single track, very nice length plenty of ups and downs. whats wrong with loads of sheep? i thought that they were bred to make falling of your bike comfortable [}:)]

Ride it hard on a hardtail
    Ride it hard on a hardtail
  • impished
    Any chance of a rough guide to Ightham route, Paul?
    Where to park?
    Where to get cake [;)]

www.impished.co.uk
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Bedgebury is ok if you enjoy massive ruts and bouncing all over the place. œ6 to park is a joke as well so I park outside now and ride in on a bridleway. You should try the xc course in friston forest, signposted from the visitors centre at the Seven Sisters. Far more natural

2005 Azonic Propulsion
    1998 DMR Trailstar
    1992 Breezer Lightning Pro
  • smb102
    smb102 Posts: 17
    Went there this summer was ok but much better trails available. Needs a few years to bed in the gravel and also a berm or two wouldn't go amiss!

Try Thetford black route nice load of single track and plenty of berms.

Or Swinley's good for plenty of variety and parkings free, just takes a while to find some of the best stuff as it's not well signposted!

Both offer more single track and are better drained than bedgebury. I know people rave about it but I wasn't impressed. The new jump section looks good though.
  • impished
    Anybody park outside then ride in? :?
    If yes, where? :?:
    I don't mind paying for parking, but £6 seems a bit steep to me. :x
  • impished
    When u next going to Ightham Paul?
    I'm up for a meet. Get's a bit boring riding road & Bedgebury solo. (lazy friends!)

I will warn you though, I've only just got back into riding after a 5 year gap, so I'm not hugely fit or technical yet :oops: but I wanna get fit enough to blast Coed-Y-Brenin again by the end of the year :twisted:
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Talking about parking at Bedgebury? If coming from the North driving towards the sea on the A21, the road to bedgebury is on your left, go past it and continue on the dual carraigeway that now has the outer lane blocked(!!) Just where it used to go to one lane there is a large layby often with coaches in. Park there. Get the bike out and ride about 300 metres down the road still going towards the coast and theres a bridleway sign on your left, follow that for 100m and you come to a barrier to ride round and directly onto the family track. Best plan is to then ride up the hill in front of you for a couple of minutes and you will see where the XC course crosses, turn right into it and ride from there. Its about 3 minutes into the loop if you used the normal start
  • impished
    Cheers Breezer :D
  • paulf2007
    Hi impished, just got back from morzine, still drying out. Not sure when we will go to ightham next could do with a contact number or e mail. send me an e mail to paulfairall@aol.com
  • paulf2007
    bugger, didn't get the text in time so not going to ightham today. my mates have gone though.next time impished!