Help choose some UST Tyres!!!

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited July 2007 in XC and Enduro
I'm biting the bullet and converting to tubeless tyres! But before I do I wanted to get a feel for the tyres some of you guys who use UST have gone for!

I do mainly fast XC riding with the obvious bit of downhill, single track and climbing thrown in for fun! So I need a pretty light, grippy sort of tyre!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

S-Works Hardtail:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=124988

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I'm pretty sure the Nobby Nic's and Racing Ralph's come in a UST version in which case they should be worth a look.

Never tried UST myself though.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ddoogie</i>

an uber pimp XTC and a marginally less pimp Anthem sitting side by side.I like that a lot
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • thaibog
    thaibog Posts: 271
    i use non UST tyres with sealant on tubeless rims...

Cheaper and more choice....

Thumbs up for sealant

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=148766
  • paulf2007
    paulf2007 Posts: 341
    I run ust nobby nics front and rear on my trance and so far working well and good grip and low rolling resistance. I was told that racing ralphs have very little tread and was advised to use nobby nics front and rear. On my downhill bike I'm running stans rim strips and non ust tyres and that works well too. On both bikes I use stans no tubes latex. Maxxis tyres seem to be good for non ust running tubeless as my Kenda nevagal leaked through the sidewall.
  • gungun24
    gungun24 Posts: 214
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andrew156</i>

I'm pretty sure the Nobby Nic's and Racing Ralph's come in a UST version in which case they should be worth a look.

Never tried UST myself though.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ddoogie</i>

an uber pimp XTC and a marginally less pimp Anthem sitting side by side.I like that a lot

I have just bought tires for my new bike, front is a nobbly nic and rear is a racing ralph

New pics

My GSpot and Chameleon

Check this out!!
  • ANDE.B
    ANDE.B Posts: 544
    Yeah i run Nobby Nic upfront and Racing Ralph rear.. best tires i've ever ridden.
    But as i can't make mine run tubless right now i can't really preach.

<i><center>My Pinkbike Pics
    Who would've ever thaught i'd give up freeride for XC
    Crazy!
    </i></center>
    My Pinkbike Pics
    "Cycling is just like church - many attend, but few understand." Jim Burlant
  • Since last year I race with some Maxxis Crossmark UST. They are light and roll very fast. You should take a look. Or the Maxxis Ignitor. Haven't tried them but they sold out pretty fast. I've tried a Michelin before and they've shreded on my first ride. :(

Specialized are a nice tyre too. They clean out fast and the grip is outstanding. Hope that helps you!
    "someone is training when you are not. when you race him, he will win."
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Since you already have the UST rims you could just stick with Panaracer Fire XCs if you are happy with them. I'm pretty sure they do a UST version.

I used Michelin XCR ATs for a year and they were amazing in the dry and wet (not deep mud). The sticky compound was like glue.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Yeah panaracer does the Fire in UST version.
    "someone is training when you are not. when you race him, he will win."
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    i'M using the non UST Racing Ralph and Nobby Nic up front.Great tyres,but will they work with a Stans or Ecipse kit if I decide to go tubeless? Rims are a Mavic XM317.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo