Boris Becker

Prison did him good... remember the bloated, red faced, sick looking guy last year? Look at him now... ripped... how do I sign up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64049421
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Prison did him good... remember the bloated, red faced, sick looking guy last year? Look at him now... ripped... how do I sign up?

sorry?

you're saying you want to go to prison?

eh?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

sorry?

eh?
    Could be the latest detox craze... and a cost effective one too!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    edited December 2022
    According to the Guardian he was teaching Yoga in prison... the photo is him before... night and day

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/19/slimmed-down-boris-becker-reportedly-teaching-yoga-in-prison
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

As long as you survive the first few weeks in Wandsworth, could be the ultimate health kick. Becker went from handsome to red faced and bloated quite suddenly after retirement. Looks better now.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    I'm sure there are nicer places to go for a yoga retreat than the 'Scrubs, tbh
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    MattFalle said:

I'm sure there are nicer places to go for a yoga retreat than the 'Scrubs, tbh

Yeah but those places are filled with Pansywankerss and Yoni-mums. I think the 'Scrubs would be more tolerable.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    He got paid €500k for that interview, to help him get back on his feet.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411

€595K after tax then?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• He got paid €500k for that interview, to help him get back on his feet.

Really? For a single interview?

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512

€595K after tax then?
    No 595k net.
  • First.Aspect

Really? For a single interview?

Yup. I think they will get by, financially.
  • He's sorry/contrite now (he got caught.... and punished).
    He does look better physically now though imo.
    Hope that he reflects and learns.
    BBC - do not give him 2 weeks work at Wimbledon next summer - not yet...........
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    MattFalle said:

sorry?

eh?
    I'd do it if TV would pay me £500k to talk about my experiences inside.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • MattFalle said:

sorry?

eh?
    I'd do it if TV would pay me £500k to talk about my experiences inside.
    I’d do it for half that… possibly even a quarter… that would clear my mortgage and set me free… 6 months in… small price to pay

• MattFalle
    have you ever spent time in/around prisons?
  • MattFalle said:

I used to go to prison to pick up inmates that had to go to hospital appointments back in Italy… that was a high security one, not like Becker’s. He was probably together with other fraudsters and small time burglars… don’t think he shared the cell with serial murderers and psychos
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

MattFalle said:

I used to go to prison to pick up inmates that had to go to hospital appointments back in Italy… that was a high security one, not like Becker’s. He was probably together with other fraudsters and small time burglars… don’t think he shared the cell with serial murderers and psychos
    Did you get even make eye contact with them never mind speak to them.
  • webboo said:

MattFalle said:

Yeah, they were people… nothing remarkable either way

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

webboo said:

MattFalle said:

Yeah, they were people… nothing remarkable either way

That would suggest you really didn’t communicate with them.
  • MattFalle
    Sorry - so you're not sure you can ride up hills on your bicycle in Majorca for a couple of weeks but could knock out 9 months in Cat 2 & 3 prisons like Al Capone?

Rightio.......
  • First.Aspect
    If ypu spot a £20 note on the floor, don't bend down to pick it up.
  • You guys have a Hollywood view of prisons
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    To be honest the thought of going to jail would scare the **** out of me - I'm sure it does to most people who have never done time in such an establishment - but 6 months for 500k is attractive.

I'd be banking on being middle aged buying me some kind of anonymity - if not I'd have to rely on having watched McVicar several times and most episodes of Porridge.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    edited December 2022
    Becker prison even have a climbing wall and all sorts of amenities. As a bonus, at the end you get deported, which is a practical way to start fresh… if in the process one could pay off the mortgage, sell and have a bit of cash to bridge the gap to pension age, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    Once the hill climb season is over on November 1st and up to March 31st there is nothing worth bothering anyway…

… daydreaming…
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I wouldn’t last 5 mins in prison, waaay too pretty.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

Becker prison even have a climbing wall and all sorts of amenities. As a bonus, at the end you get deported, which is a practical way to start fresh… if in the process one could pay off the mortgage, sell and have a bit of cash to bridge the gap to pension age, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    Once the hill climb season is over on November 1st and up to March 31st there is nothing worth bothering anyway…

… daydreaming…

Did you ever declare earnings on your wheel building? If not maybe one of us can grass you up and start you on your journey to retirement nirvana :lol:
  • MattFalle

… daydreaming…

ok then Alvis, I'll do you a deal.

You commit some financial fraud: you'll never earn enough to do a Becker, so headboff and commit some benefit fraud.

We'll grass you up, you confess, get convicted.

If you come out of prison in 9 months time rich happy, socially unaffected, etc, you win the discussion and own this thread.

If you come out messed up, unemployable having been beaten up a couple of times and thoroughly unhappy, we win.

Deal or no deal?

Time to put your freedom where your mouth is.

After all, going to prison is such a great idea this is a chance for you to own us.

Waddya say?
  • MattFalle said:

… daydreaming…

You commit some financial fraud: you'll never earn enough to do a Becker, so headboff and commit some benefit fraud.

If you come out of prison in 9 months time rich happy, socially unaffected, etc, you win the discussion and own this thread.

If you come out messed up, unemployable having been beaten up a couple of times and thoroughly unhappy, we win.

Deal or no deal?

After all, going to prison is such a great idea this is a chance for you to own us.

Waddya say?
    Not interested unless there is at least 140k post tax guaranteed for an interview at the end… that was the original deal
  • seanoconn said:

I wouldn’t last 5 mins in prison, waaay too pretty.

That was me 20 years ago… I have peaked since
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

… daydreaming…

Deal or no deal?

Waddya say?
    Not interested unless there is at least 140k post tax guaranteed for an interview at the end… that was the original deal
    excuses, excuses

anyhow, no one just gave Becker thatmoney, he had to do interviews: we'll set you up with BR CW, GCN: headline it: The Man Who Broke the Forum.