Handsling A1r0evo

Thinking about getting one of these, does anyone have any experience?

Comments

• vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    They look very reasonably priced and the one YouTube review I found was pretty positive.

Just wondering if there are any real world experiences...
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    £4000 for a 105 mechanical build..............

Must admit nothing is jumping out at me from their website to shout at anything different/better than Pearson/Dolan/etc.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • wobblebob
    wobblebob Posts: 73
    I've got one. Owned since 2019 and ridden/raced/TT'd over 18.5k miles on it since. What do you want to know?
  • vegas76
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the bike... What do you like / not like?
  • wobblebob
    Personally there is nothing I don't like.

When I was looking to buy I had 3 criteria: Discs, di2, and integrated cables. In 2019 they weren't everywhere like they are now and the Handsling met the criteria.

I like that it's a small local company (I know the frame is from the far East, but the company is based 20 miles from me and were very friendly, easy and helpful to deal with), I like that it's relatively rare (although I am seeing a few more of them at races now), I like that my bike is completely uniquely specced exactly how I wanted it with bar width, stem length, saddle etc, plus the custom paint job.

That level of customisation combined with them owning the design and not using an open frame like the others does set them apart from Pearson/Dolan etc but I guess if you are happy with an off the shelf model this might not appeal quite as much.

I enjoy riding the bike, my only previous comparison is a 2017 Roubaix so compared to that it is quicker, lighter and whilst it's not quite as comfortable as the Roubaix it's not a million miles away, I have no issues with 4 hour+ rides and equally at home throwing it around local crits and road races

My mechanic has a different opinion based on recently changing the headset bearings with the internal routed cables, but that's not a unique problem anymore.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    With that name I never guessed it was a bike. If you had told me it was. I would have assumed it was 100% Chinese!
  • vegas76
    Thanks Wobblebob. Do you miss bar tape on the horizontals? I quite like the soft tape over mine, especially on these rough Surrey roads we have around here.
  • wobblebob
    No, not personally, although it's not somewhere I have my hands very often when riding. I have seen people with aero bars tape them like they would a traditional round bar so if it does bother you then that's always an option