Marmotte 2022

Anyone doing this? I'm heading out tomorrow then staying for a family holiday. Expectations are low. Training was going well but then I got Covid a couple of weeks ago. I feel OK now, but Sunday is probably a week or two too soon to expect much.

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    Good luck. It's a tough one, and as ever, pacing yourself and staying hydrated are key!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Wish I was - came up on Facebook this week 7 years since I last did it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Thanks! I did it three years in a row circa 10 years ago, but whilst the memories are fresh, training has illustrated that age is more than just a number. It's something that makes it harder!
  • Wish I was - came up on Facebook this week 7 years since I last did it.

Probably chose a good one to miss. 36c and not a breath of wind at the top of the Galibier. Hotter than a hot place in Hotsville at the bottom of the Alpe.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Brutal - last one I did was similar - got through 6 litres of water on the Alpe alone mostly from mountain streams poured over my head - never experienced anything like it - one poor chap died of heat exhaustion. It didn't help it was the year they had to change the route which for me added about an hour - so despite being my best finish in terms of position was actually my slowest time.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • The ironic thing with the heat is that is was quite cool on the Friday, fairly hot in the valley (30c or so) on the Saturday and has been in the high 20s since Monday. It was just Sunday that was really hot. That said, better then it being low single digits and raining at the Galibier!