tuesday and other withered stumps of time

2»

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Bike? Motorbike? E-bike? Fat bike? All of the above? This monstrosity was charging in our bike storage when I went to collect mine earlier.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Bike? Motorbike? E-bike? Fat bike? All of the above? This monstrosity was charging in our bike storage when I went to collect mine earlier.

wtaf is that?

is there an unlike button?

hammer.fire.trebuchet
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

Let his tyres down and hide the track pump next to it.

You have a devious mind Oxo!
  • MattFalle
    Cut it into lots of different pieces and leave them lying there then if he moans smash him around the head and all his genitls with the track pump
  • MattFalle
    for the love of all things Holy...

https://eu.super73.com/
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

wtaf is that?

is there an unlike button?

hammer.fire.trebuchet
    I know. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I bet it's ££££
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401

I like it. Looks like fun. Bit unless unrestricted though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

At the EUR 4k they want for it though, buy an actual motorbike, or a nice Vespa.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

At least we know what to get you with your birthday whip round, a back support truss and an ebike that's pretending it's a motorbike!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

Put some mega resistor across the battery contacts to flatten it so he’ll have to pedal the facker with those pedals which up to now have been purely for show >:)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• beansnikpoh

Put some mega resistor across the battery contacts to flatten it so he’ll have to pedal the facker with those pedals which up to now have been purely for show >:)
    Imagine trying to move that thing on pedal power alone.

If it's there tomorrow then. I have to drain the battery, flatten the tyres, and break it to bits.

Done.
  • MattFalle

If it's there tomorrow then. I have to drain the battery, flatten the tyres, and break it to bits.

Done.
    don't forget to set fire to it in the bike storage room.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    MattFalle said:

Done.
    Point of order m'lud. If one sets on fire in the storage room, how does one then trebuchet it over the nearby boundary?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    That's hideous, needs proper brakes and something to fill the void where an engine should be. An engine would do.
    I wouldn't mind a proper electric motorbike, but that's al kinds of wrong.
    Talking of which I got passed 3 times by some sap on an ebike. I was stopped at a red light every time. The first time I was ahead before he'd even cleared the junction as he slowed down and the lights were just turning green. Second time took me a bit longer but passed him again, third time I was stuck behind a car that wouldn't pass him. Eventually got a clear run and turned myself inside out to pass him again. Didn't see him again and was just thinking how wonderful I am when I turned a corner and realised how much wind assistance I'd had 🙄😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    MattFalle said:

Done.
    If he flattens the battery using a spanner instead a resistor you could get fire free of charge.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

Done.
    Point of order m'lud. If one sets on fire in the storage room, how does one then trebuchet it over the nearby boundary?
    you fling it repeatedly against the wall until it smashes its way out.

or you get the owner and use his head to make a window in the wall thus facilitating the extrication of aforementioned pileofshit
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    seanoconn said:

Does hanging from a bar help the back[1]? Haven’t been able to bar related exercises lately due to the frozen shoulder [2]. I may be falling apart[3].

[1] Yes.
    [2] I can, even with my dodgy shoulder and it helps but what I do is gently let myself off a step and if there is any discomfort, I get back on the step.
    [3] Happens to us all

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Trainer shopping tomorrow...

Do tell...

• pinno
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Bambino's first time riding to school today through school run traffic so cruised in with him.

All perfect.

Now have mega happy father smile on and the world can do what it wants 'cos I don't care.

Did you beat him? That's the main thing. ;)
    😀

Tried to flick him into a hedge but he outsprinted me to the school gates the little tyke.

gonna let his tyres down tomorrow to learn him a lesson.
    Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.
    undo his quick release skewers?
    i want to slow him down, not kill him him.

if anything, the paperwork is a nightmare.
    fill his tyres with sand

if he gets a puncture, tyre will stay up, bonus
    Water in the tyres is good.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Just back from a weekend beer festival in The Lakes.
    Managed to watch some of the Fred Whitton from outside the Lion and the Lamb, bonus B)

• veronese68
    There's a lot to be said for drinking beer whilst watching others ride bikes. The beer festival in the Manchester velodrome a few years back was great fun. I don't think the riders had been partaking though.
  • pinno
    This:
    https://www.tourseries.co.uk/venues/round-4/

Right on my doorstep and the RR Championships in Castle Douglas (with 'Loon) in June.
    I'm a poet and don't know it.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401

Managed to watch some of the Fred Whitton from outside the Lion and the Lamb, bonus B)

A pint of beer in shot would have made that pic for me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

A pint of beer in shot would have made that pic for me.
    Somebody stood outside the Globe Inn holding a pint out for a passing rider would have looked good