Comments

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    oxoman said:

tetley10 said:

oxoman said:

sungod said:

when i were lad there was none of this imported trick or treat nonsense

too busy repurposing the contents of fireworks and other flammable substances for dramatic effect

set the serpentine alight one night, with an exhilarating escape from pursuing rozzers

Same with me, apart from setting fire to the serpentine. We put bangers in peoples empty milk bottles and retreated after knocking on the door. Bit dodgy when you think of the safety aspect, never got caught and never knowingly injured anyone.
    Same here, we used to light rockets and set them off up the main road. A bit dopey but hell of a funny at the time. Just a way of amusing ourselves.

We put the rockets in pieces of pipe and fired them of like a bazuka. Scared a few people with that trick.
    Yep, exactly like that. I reckon it would be frowned upon these days.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    You need a heap of aerosol cans, an old school iron guttering pipe (about 4ft), a pile of hot coals and a tripod.
    You can work out what to do.

Do I pull the trigger on a C59?
    That is the question.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    As fireworks 'n' bangers season is rife, here's a recall from primary school days, when kidz could walk into shops and buy explosive devices, no probs.

The School Dare: hold such a banger in hand, get it lit, let it bang. Would it blow out either or both ends, or take off your fingers? Been there, done that. On a scale of 1 to 10, how many fingers do I have?
  • pinno
    ...and 6 toes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Correctamundo, check out the big brain on Pinno.
  • pinno
    Never mind that, when you getting your @ss up the M6 on a permanent basis?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Do I pull the trigger on a C59?
    That is the question.

if by that ridiculous turn of phrase you mean buy it and not shoot it then of course you do.

what a daft question.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    orraloon said:

Aye but. Guising on Halloween has always been a thing in Scotland, dress up, facemasks, scary stuff. Go round the houses, sing and dance, earn a treat.

Not USAnian style do nowt, grab it and run.

Now then. Setting alight the Serpentine? More details perlease.

tbh it was only a few square metres of it, no ducks, geese or swans were harmed in the course of the jape experiment
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny