Vuelta 2021-stage 12 : Jaén ->Córdoba, 175km *SPOILERS*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,805
edited August 2021 in Pro race
Do the thing Jimmy
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 709

Do the thing Jimmy

Unless you change the start and destination, you can just copy over whatever I wrote the other day!

• mididoctors
    jimmyjams said:

Do the thing Jimmy

Unless you change the start and destination, you can just copy over whatever I wrote the other day!

My bad
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    edited August 2021
    Looks like the last 60-65k could be where any action happens.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,229
    daniel_b said:

Hard first 50k, I reckon. Then once a strong-ish break is away (and the TV coverage starts), standard breakaway stage with a sprint finish and GC group rolls across the line. No hills there that will cause splits between GC contenders.
  • mididoctors
    Top score @jimmyjams thank you
  • kingstongraham
    So a break of 8 has just gone, but the peloton still only now thinking about stopping the chase. 90k of racing gone.
  • kingstongraham
    Peloton changed its mind. Strung out again.

Break only has a minute with just the climbs and descent to the finish to go.
  • kingstongraham
    I bet they're glad it's a flat stage tomorrow.

UAE reckon Trentin can win this.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    All the JV and Ineos team down
  • Pross
    Looks like Movistar have a new tactic to deter Ineos
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Cycling into barbed wire is certainly innovative... Who was the Movistar that lost most of his clothing and quite a lot of blood?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Carlton having to correct Kelly - what with that and the cricket I think I've entered a weird parallel universe.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Pross said:

Carlton having to correct Kelly - what with that and the cricket I think I've entered a weird parallel universe.

Yeah the cricket more interesting than the cycling today...

Unusual to watch someone else have a batting collapse and England looking pretty composed (touch wood).
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Looks like it was van Barle who caused the chute
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 709

Cycling into barbed wire is certainly innovative... Who was the Movistar that lost most of his clothing and quite a lot of blood?

Oliveira
  • mididoctors
    I rode into barbed wire once mountain biking . Rather forget it
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    edited August 2021
    Good finale to today's stage.
    MC Neilsen doubles up, from Bagioli and Matthews with Trentin in 4th.
  • mididoctors
    LOL
  • mididoctors
    That was all a bit active
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Bloody hard sprint from Magnus Cort
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    Worth watching?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • kingstongraham
    daniel_b said:

Worth watching?

Yep.
  • Loving these intros and keeping up with the crashing…..sorry racing.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,747
    daniel_b said:

Worth watching?

Last 10kms.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    daniel_b said:

Worth watching?

Yeah decent race
  • kingstongraham

daniel_b said:

Hard first 50k, I reckon. Then once a strong-ish break is away (and the TV coverage starts), standard breakaway stage with a sprint finish and GC group rolls across the line. No hills there that will cause splits between GC contenders.
    Haha. Partly right, while also very wrong.