Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR R2R Rear Drive Side Carbon Spoke

Hi all,
I recently snapped a carbon spoke on my Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR rear wheel. Can't find these anywhere (thanks Mavic) so the wheels are out of action until one is found. If anyone has a spare or few that they would sell to me, I'd be grateful.

I'm looking for the rear drive side spokes in particular with the green dot. Happy to buy more than one if available

An example of this spoke can be found here:

https://www.mavicparts.com/products/mavic-cosmic-carbone-slr-r2r-carbon-spoke-2011?variant=18664026701913

Cheers.

Comments

• Not sure where you've tried yet but it might be worth calling George Hall Cycles. They don't show these on their website as being available but you never know and they've also been really helpful in the past with similar queries.

I was informed once that Mavic only tend to manufacture spare parts 3 years beyond the end of the wheel manufacture so it's a common problem really unfortunately.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow response. I'll give them a try, have nothing to lose as I've exhausted every other option!

Much appreciated. :smile:

Not sure where you've tried yet but it might be worth calling George Hall Cycles. They don't show these on their website as being available but you never know and they've also been really helpful in the past with similar queries.

I was informed once that Mavic only tend to manufacture spare parts 3 years beyond the end of the wheel manufacture so it's a common problem really unfortunately.

Good luck!

• Still looking :neutral:
  • Long shot but still looking. Seems that these spokes are rare as hens teeth now. :-(
  • Hi,

I have a new R2R spoke with the Green dot for the Cosmic SLR’s. The rim gave out on my rear wheel and so I have no need of the spoke so it’s yours if you want it.
  • Hi,

I have a new R2R spoke with the Green dot for the Cosmic SLR’s. The rim gave out on my rear wheel and so I have no need of the spoke so it’s yours if you want it.

Hi there,
    Sorry for the slow response, how much were you looking at selling the spoke for? I was almost going to give up on the wheel, which is a shame as the wheels are fine other than this one spoke!!

Many thanks,
    Mark
  • stz180
    stz180 Posts: 2
    I just popped the same spoke last week and looking for a replacement, drive side. Any chance 04.naves_roll has another one for sale?
    Thanks!!
  • Looking for Mavic R2R rear drive side spokes
  • stz180
    stz180 Posts: 2
    Just checking in again to see if anyone here was able to locate this spoke and if so where?
  • markc1984
    markc1984 Posts: 44
    Unfortunately, finding these spokes will be difficult. I was able to source one off naves_roll but that was a lucky shot, up to that point I'd been searching since August last year. Its a shame as these wheels are really good, despite their age!

Something will come up so keep looking!
    stz180 said:

Just checking in again to see if anyone here was able to locate this spoke and if so where?

• Hello, i'm also looking for Mavic spoke r2r 99683601 for cosmic slr, rear, drive side, green dot, thanks! Unnecessarily paranoid spelling of my phone number below, if anyone has any good leads, thanks!

Four43- ate zero two, 345five
  • I'm selling used spokes that I am taking off a rear wheel. Listing here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458616149398653/
  • I have a set of these wheels to sell if of interest to anyone - drop me a message if you are and can share details and will consider sensible offers.
  • Still hoping to come across at least one green dot r2r spoke. New is great, used is fine as long as in solid shape. Thanks. Feel free to call or text, Matt 443-802-3455
  • I am also looking for a greendot spoke, did you find any by chance? Pn: 99683601
  • I have both red(drive side) and green dot(non drive side) Mavic cosmic carbone SLR r2r spokes available for sale. They are used but ok. Also have the corresponding free hub.
  • I have both red(drive side) and green dot(non drive side) Mavic cosmic carbone SLR r2r spokes available for sale. They are used but ok. Also have the corresponding free hub.

I would be very interested in buying a green dot and red dot spokes.
  • I haven't heard anything from cjevans. Does anyone else have any info on where to find drive side spokes?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    edited November 2022
    I was looking at the wheel design and it occurs to me that this is by far the most stupid design I have come across. Failure of one spoke effectively means that two spokes are compromised, which in a wheel that doesn't have very many to start with (I count 20), it means it's impossible to ride. It's also impossible to replace the original spoke with anything else, unless there is a way to interconnect two conventional J-spokes inside the hub. Probably worth considering it as a last resort. The threads of the R2R carbon spoke appears conventional...
    left the forum March 2023
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    edited November 2022

One solution would be to get hold of a very long metal spoke, those used to build wheels for Ordinary bikes and have it cut and rolled to the exact length you need on both sides

https://www.unicycle.co.uk/penny-farthing-spoke-blanks.html
    left the forum March 2023
  • Still haven't been able to find a red dot spoke. Please contact me if you have one you'd be willing to sell.