TDF 2021: Stage 16 Pas de la Case > Saint-Gaudens 169 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310
    Well I'm now completely confused as to whether they neutralised anything or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812

DK TV2 reporting neutralisation of the descent as well now. A number of DK riders unhappy, Magnus Cort lives locally and had targeted the stage.

Since there was none of the forecast fog or rain, I take it this was due to another last minute rider recon.
    They didn't fancy it. so it doesn't happen.
    Guess we can add downhill departs to the growing list of parcour no longer fit for the rider's purpose.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Anyway, they're racing now. Joy for Asgreen fans globally
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Slimy roads.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Seems to be a planned neutralisation, roadbook has it as 19.1 km from neutralised to official start
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    They started racing at km zero, and the distance left at that moment matched the profile. I think the only thing they've changed to make it more comfortable is a planned stop at the start of the stage proper for everyone to take gear off?
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Seems to be a planned neutralisation, roadbook has it as 19.1 km from neutralised to official start

OK, it starts to make sense now. Less a neutralisation, more a very long neutral zone to km0. We don't need to chop 20km off the stage
  • blazing_saddles

OK, it starts to make sense now. Less a neutralisation, more a very long neutral zone to km0. We don't need to chop 20km off the stage
    I figured it was wrong when the live ticker eventually appeared and they had 159kms to go.
  • lescargot
    lescargot Posts: 2
    FWIW (not a lot) I'm in the Ariege about 30 km north west of Tarascon..if these guys hit some of the weather we've had this AM and have been hit with again just now (torrential downpours) it's going to be fun and games.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388

They started racing at km zero, and the distance left at that moment matched the profile. I think the only thing they've changed to make it more comfortable is a planned stop at the start of the stage proper for everyone to take gear off?

Pah! Janner, you be nobody in cornwall if you ain't got no 150 poun' dry robe (TM) these dayz...

https://dryrobe.com/products/dryrobe-advance-long-sleeve-black-blue
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Headwinds?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851

DK TV2 reporting neutralisation of the descent as well now. A number of DK riders unhappy, Magnus Cort lives locally and had targeted the stage.

Perhaps the star rating could be based on "Who trains on these roads?"
    Half man, Half bike
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Reminded me of getting changed after swimming at primary school. Did anyone bring one of those towels that their mum had sewn up into a tube with some elastic at the top to get changed in?

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I leave the coverage for 30 minutes and I now have NO idea what is going on.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pogacar is having a laugh, isn't he?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Kwiatkowski and Cattaneo reach Asgreen
  • blazing_saddles

Pogacar is having a laugh, isn't he?

He’s watching your boy and his team.
    They aren’t going to get 3 riders up the road so easily again.

Yes
    A strong headwind for much of the stage
  • blazing_saddles
    No idea why Hirschi is man marking Gaudu
  • mididoctors
    Tricky in the wet
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    I descend bad in the wet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Chris Juul descends pretty well
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2021
    He does ... It's the long sweepers I lose my.bottle on. The switchbacks are just brake earlier in straight lines before hand . I am ok with those
  • mididoctors
    Mohoric better be in this group attacking on the descent
  • CK deffo just said 'damp squid' then
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Cav group gets back to the peloton.
  • mididoctors
    Head wind is killing this stage
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Anything happening? I'm doing tourist things.
  • mididoctors

Anything happening? I'm doing tourist things.

Taken half the stage to get a break .
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    edited July 2021
    Think I rode most of this the other way round 10 years ago too, but went up col d'agnes at the end instead. The tour did that plus one more climb that year, but it didn't p1ss down on them all day like it did us.
  • blazing_saddles
    LOL. Gaudu destroying the break, but he can't drop Colbrelli.