Bar tape recommendations

2»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    Not often a man admits to not being good at using his hands. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    at least he's being honest which is Harry von fairzees
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Even I can wrap bar tape, and I destroy nearly everything mechanical I go near. I can even do the figure 8 round the levers.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    Well done.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Well done.

Don't I get a badge, or at least a little sticker or a gold star?
  • rick_chasey
    You get well wrapped bars for...free?
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Well done.

Don't I get a badge, or at least a little sticker or a gold star?
    no.

you get a house in Italy stocked with vino and salami and formaggi free of charge for two weeks.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    Deda from Amazon.
  • MattFalle

Deda from Amazon.

exactly this.

Well said that man.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

Deda from Amazon.

Which? I have deda carbon on the best bike and it's useless when wet (slippery and comes unstuck)
  • MattFalle

• katani
    katani Posts: 133
    Prime Race Comfort - the 3mm thick one. Expensive, but 5k miles after fitting on still looks like new, and I ride with my hands on the drops a lot.
  • MattFalle
    katani said:

Prime Race Comfort - the 3mm thick one. Expensive, but 5k miles after fitting on still looks like new, and I ride with my hands on the drops a lot.

out of stick at crc and wiggle but does look groovy.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    What's people's experience of gel strips under the tape? Just bought some Cinelli ones, I tend to suffer with tingly hands (always have, probably due to weak core muscles)

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If what you mean by tingly hands is pins and needles it’s more likely to be your neck than your core.
  • rick_chasey
    secretsam said:

What's people's experience of gel strips under the tape? Just bought some Cinelli ones, I tend to suffer with tingly hands (always have, probably due to weak core muscles)

They make the bar quite large in circumference and I don't like that at all.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622

secretsam said:

Personal preference for sure (or ickle hands). I think they are great, but I could see how they'd decide opinion.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622

secretsam said:

Personal preference for sure (or ickle hands). I think they are great, but I could see how they'd decide opinion.
    Divide. Samsung's autocorrect is hopeless.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    webboo said:

If what you mean by tingly hands is pins and needles it’s more likely to be your neck than your core.

Not pins and needles, numb hands followed by tingling feeling as it starts to get feeling back

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    secretsam said:

webboo said:

Not pins and needles, numb hands followed by tingling feeling as it starts to get feeling back
    Yeah gel isn't gonna solve that tbf.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    secretsam said:

just use a short length of the old tape under the new at the location you most need it.
    Or just wrap new over the old if you are lazy.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    secretsam said:

webboo said:

Locked arms?
    Try keeping them bent if so.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I like the Lizardskins DSP too, the thinner version. It's perfectly fine to wrap, you can pull it reasonably tight, just don't really yank it like you might a tougher tape. It's got a lovely feel.

If you want white tape though, the only thing to go for is the fizik microtex classic - it will wipe / scrub clean, unlike anything else.

Both of these options are quite light, too. Doubtless some will scoff at saving weight on bartape, but it's one of the cheapest ways to lose 20g and it all adds up..