Shout out to freewheel.co.uk + crc delivery

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,538
edited May 2021 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all,

Was after a visor for a Lazer wasp helmet, and this place came up as the cheapest and in stock - never heard of them before, so not sure if they are a recent arrival?

Found a few other bits to add, such as an action camera case (3.99) and some replacement helmet pads.

Got it just over £50 for free delivery, and pulled the trigger at 12:23 yesterday.

3-4 days was the expected delivery, and being Fridaypm, assumed it would likely not despatch until Monday.

It did despatch yesterday though, and I had a dpd notification to say delivery was due on Monday.
This morning I had a 2nd message to say it was due around 10:00.
It rocked up, all well packed and as described.

Also discovered they provide free returns (labels in the box) for either dpd or Royal mail.

Also, at checkout it states that 'a' portion of the orofits will go to an lbs, and it gas an extensive list, though in a jumbled order, so scanning diwn I did indeed find, and select my lbs.

Not sure how or why they do this, I did wonder idily if they might offer the lbs's items on their website , kind of like an etsy, but the speed these items arrived says otherwise.

Another find recently, is that crc (and I assume wiggle) now offer free collect plus collection point delivery, this used to be 3 or 4.99.
Free rm delivery is still 3-4 days, collect plus is meant to be 2 days.
I gave it a go, and a saddle made it to my local corner shop in 1 day 👍
*only seems to be an option on orders under £150ish
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• Freewheel are the public-facing side of Madison, probably the biggest UK wholesaler in the trade.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538

Freewheel are the public-facing side of Madison, probably the biggest UK wholesaler in the trade.

Are they now, was unaware of that.
    Is the site recent, can't say I've ever seen it before.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    edited May 2021
    I bought an elite direto xr from them during the big trainer shortage over the winter. They were offering a 10% discount to new customers then which meant a reasonable bargain (at a time of zero bargains) was had.

I had never heard of them until I googled them. Bit of a fanfare a few years back when they launched but not much since then. Like you, I choose a local retailer to get some commission.

Nice idea, would be great if more people knew of it
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614

I bought an elite direto xr from them during the big trainer shortage over the winter. They were offering a 10% discount to new customers then which meant a reasonable bargain (at a time of zero bargains) was had.

I had never heard of them until I googled them. Bit of a fanfare a few years back when they launched but not much since then. Like you, I choose a local retailer to get some commission.

Nice idea, would be great if more people knew of it

Same here, bought an Elite Suito during the great trainer shortage and got 10% off.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'