monday with jp-7 leaking over the wings, but that's normal

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

150km a week is a good commute H321, I can appreciate how much of an negative effect not doing it must have.

Only 10 miles each way. Flat, though with much imaginary racing to keep up the heart rate. Though they seem to have put in a lot of "infrastructure" now, which will ruin that if working at work ever becomes a thing again.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    20m a day is better than nothing.

I really should try and commute but it's 3.5 miles to work, I could go the long way round I suppose.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144

I really should try and commute but it's 3.5 miles to work, I could go the long way round I suppose.

I used to live 0.9 miles from the office but my ride to/from work was often 25 miles.
    It's like when stevo drives to the supermarket.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    thistle_ said:

I used to live 0.9 miles from the office but my ride to/from work was often 25 miles.
    You stopped off at a dogging car park?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

In his very expensive shopping trolley.
    This would be far more practical.
    It has central locking too - you can reach both doors from the drivers seat.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    No sign of windy wet yet. It's wet but not windy.

I guess that's the anticipation VN is beholden to every Thursday.
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    hopkinb said:

150km a week is a good commute H321, I can appreciate how much of an negative effect not doing it must have.

Only 10 miles each way. Flat, though with much imaginary racing to keep up the heart rate. Though they seem to have put in a lot of "infrastructure" now, which will ruin that if working at work ever becomes a thing again.
    Little and often, much better than a lot not very often at all, which in turn is better than none at all
    Rules 5 and 9 will do
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

When did Pinno say “in his very expensive shopping trolley” !!??
    When !!?? What the f@ck is going on on!!??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Wonder what he's worried about, it wasn't that offensive? I promise not to send the boys round Pinno.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Sorry, I had two shots before dinner and went straight to my head. Might have over reacted.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

You stopped off at a dogging car park?
    Passed many, didn't stop. No takers at that time of the morning.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pinno said:

No sign of windy wet yet. It's wet but not windy.

I guess that's the anticipation VN is beholden to every Thursday.

Thursday 15th April is going to be a struggle if all goes well.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Wonder what he's worried about, it wasn't that offensive? I promise not to send the boys round Pinno.
    Not concerned - you'll have to send men around.

But not Hoppy - 'cos if he sits on me, it'll be curtains.
  • thistle_
    The tape in Toyah's latest video look like me getting ready for a run :neutral:
  • veronese68
    Evening folks,
    Wfw as is normal at the moment, much stupid to attend to. Managed to wobble in at least. Got a flat on the way back, tubeless seems to be a pain in the aris' although I suspect tyre choice is to blame. Presumably if flints puncture them tubeless they would puncture them tubed. Would have been alright if the pump hadn't failed, upside was I discovered a new bike shop in Kingston. Only been there for a fortnight, need to go back and investigate further.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Depends how many...
    https://buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-many-five-year-olds-can-you-take-in-a-fight
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    how did we go from Toyah's video to fighting 5 year olds?

Bizarrely brilliant.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Nos da

WFW today, students back. Went ok. Dentist after work. Three teeth need root canal work but no pain so let’s leave it for now and monitor. 1800 notes if it needs doing. Nah, mate. We’ll consider it at some point but probs just whip one out and worry about the others if it gets to be a problem. Migraine during the afternoon, amused myself by arguing with what can only be assumed to be an American in another thread. Mattfalle would be pleased to know I got some 50mm carbons stuck on me best bike over the weekend. Thank heavens for prime.
  • veronese68
    Buy a liquidiser John, the change left from £1800 you could buy another set of wheels and post some anecdotal evidence on how stiff they are or aren't 🤣
  • johngti
    🤣🤣🤣
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

I'd have to catch you first...I'd think you have a tighter turning circle.
  • hopkinb
    edited March 2021
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited March 2021
    johngti said:

Nos da

WFW today, students back. Went ok. Dentist after work. Three teeth need root canal work but no pain so let’s leave it for now and monitor. 1800 notes if it needs doing. Nah, mate. We’ll consider it at some point but probs just whip one out and worry about the others if it gets to be a problem. Migraine during the afternoon, amused myself by arguing with what can only be assumed to be an American in another thread. Mattfalle would be pleased to know I got some 50mm carbons stuck on me best bike over the weekend. Thank heavens for prime.

top top top work JG - any piccies?

And oh, it looks like you'vre got top cover and air support........
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    johngti said:

Mattfalle would be pleased to know I got some 50mm carbons stuck on me best bike over the weekend. Thank heavens for prime.

I've had 2 sets of primes. RP 50's where I popped one spoke in 2 years in a deep pothole, which V68 kindly fixed for me. The front one got pinched as it was only secured with a steel cable at work. I replaced with a pair of the black edition 60's. Can't fault them, except they're not that light, but neither am I. They go whoosh, and in a moderate cross tail, they make me feel like a pro when I look at the speedo, which is the main thing. Still have the rear RP 50 as a spare.

• johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Nos da

top top top work JG - any piccies?

And oh, it looks like you'vre got top cover and air support........
    I noticed and appreciate it greatly.

And as it happens, I do have a piccy:

Cheap but I like them
  • johngti
    Upside down piccy. Weird. It’s fine on the phone...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Can't be cheap if they fly
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti

• pinno
    Tyres so grippy, they stick to the ceiling.

Linky that please, or a pointer.