Most rebuild friendly pedals

I have done less than 200 Km on a new set of flat pedals and one of them has developed a bearing squeak already. I have made enquiries about obtaining new cups, cones and balls, without success. I am trying not to become part of the throw away society, but I may have no choice....to all who read this post , I ask you, which of the component suppliers have you found to be the most rebuild friendly ? thanks Bazza.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I have several pairs of Superstar Nano/Nano-X pedals and they are easily stripped and rebuilt. They use a bush and sealed bearings so very easy to remove and replace.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I have one pair of DMR Vaults that I have had since 2010 and another pair from about 2012. They are both black with blue pins and I can no longer tell which is which. I used to have two bikes and now just the one bike. I have renewed the bushes and bearings a total of four times over that period. I genuinely have no idea whether that is one pedal four times or some other distribution. Dead easy to do as long as you have a bolt with the correct size that you can screw into the worn out bush to pull it out.

If the pins on the body get bent or lost, replacements are cheap as chips.

I suspect that these DMR Vault pedals will see me out!