Drinks have been declared early Wednesday

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Oxo
    Post your cv, the post of fluffer is still open.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    thistle_ said:

Fook me it's a bit wet out there.
    Got to the end of a road and there was about 6 inches of water at the junction, lapping at someone's front door so had to go back and find another way.
    It's half way up a hill, but must be a flat spot in the road.

About covers it - all 15 ferkin miles

• tlw1
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Early bail, tea eaten, run cancelled and beer started and plenty cooling. OH has taken one look at me and said she will brave public covid transport tomorrow. Sorry folks can't stand spirits of any sort, results in multi coloured pavement pizzas. Upset the higher ups at work, was asked to alter/modify safety circuitry on some machines. Said I wasn't sure if it could be done but would investigate further, called in expert who in turn spoke to our safety director. OOPS. Major modification required pronto costing a lot and machine is one step from prohibition order as not safe enough. Finally I was able to report that my hunch was correct, that no their modification couldn't be done as it made the machine totally unsafe. I also pointed out quite happily in a meeting with said experts that our sites systems where actually better than most of our other plants. Result being higher ups have been severely spoken to and to expect further ramifications. They had a little word with me and suggested I may have taken on one than I ought to, it was pointed out that I only acted on their request via the email they sent me. Both tried denying this till I produced it out of my pocket as proof. It's great watching bosses squirm. I also suggested they be more careful when making stupid requests. CV being rehashed as not enamoured with being offered a position as part of safety engineering team as a reward for my due diligence in looking out for safety problems. I do so like the simple things in life so will abstain. Serves my higher ups right if they read my cv and training history there'd realise it's not worth arguing with someone who did his nebosh and various other relevant training whilst they we're still in nappies. Sorry rant over more beer required. Will attempt not to antagonize anyone on BR tonight unless walter m reappears.

Create a post in cake about how you are missing trump already

Shoot about work, hate a lack of moral fibre
  • tlw1

Oxo
    Post your cv, the post of fluffer is still open.

So that’s how you afford all of those holidays
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited January 2021
    Evening ladies, been earning brownie points from mrs DHL
    Fixed the vac....new pcb fitted as old one blown....

Due to usual dyson design faults. Here the 320v dc supply wires to the brush bar motor had worn through and shorted out, hence blown pcb.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    They don't run by magic?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,299
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Got to the end of a road and there was about 6 inches of water at the junction, lapping at someone's front door so had to go back and find another way.

Is that unfeasibly smooth tarmac 😃
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

😂
  • tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

That's the ethereal glow of vampires closing in on him....
  • veronese68
    Good job DHL. Must admit I quite like fixing things like that. We have a ridiculous rechargeable Vax thing. The body was replaced under warranty because the brush bar wore into the housing. Some time later something else broke as a result of careless handling. Having put the old body in the loft rather than binning it I cobbled the two together to get it working again. Can't stand the throw away culture, manufacturers should be penalised for making things that aren't repairable. I've replaced phone screens and batteries on iPhones and others. Fix it rather than bin it if possible.
    Still a womble at heart
  • tlw1
    Well that wasn’t forecasted

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    tlw1 said:

It was here, but not for another few hours. Everything's covered in a nice blanket.
  • thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

It was here, but not for another few hours. Everything's covered in a nice blanket.
    I was confused as to why you posting a photo of your thatched roof.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

The kids have removed all the snow from the ground and thrown it at the house, glad I had the windows cleaned yesterday 🙄
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I was confused as to why you posting a photo of your thatched roof.
    I thought it was some part of his body .
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited January 2021
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Early bail, tea eaten, run cancelled and beer started and plenty cooling. OH has taken one look at me and said she will brave public covid transport tomorrow. Sorry folks can't stand spirits of any sort, results in multi coloured pavement pizzas. Upset the higher ups at work, was asked to alter/modify safety circuitry on some machines. Said I wasn't sure if it could be done but would investigate further, called in expert who in turn spoke to our safety director. OOPS. Major modification required pronto costing a lot and machine is one step from prohibition order as not safe enough. Finally I was able to report that my hunch was correct, that no their modification couldn't be done as it made the machine totally unsafe. I also pointed out quite happily in a meeting with said experts that our sites systems where actually better than most of our other plants. Result being higher ups have been severely spoken to and to expect further ramifications. They had a little word with me and suggested I may have taken on one than I ought to, it was pointed out that I only acted on their request via the email they sent me. Both tried denying this till I produced it out of my pocket as proof. It's great watching bosses squirm. I also suggested they be more careful when making stupid requests. CV being rehashed as not enamoured with being offered a position as part of safety engineering team as a reward for my due diligence in looking out for safety problems. I do so like the simple things in life so will abstain. Serves my higher ups right if they read my cv and training history there'd realise it's not worth arguing with someone who did his nebosh and various other relevant training whilst they we're still in nappies. Sorry rant over more beer required. Will attempt not to antagonize anyone on BR tonight unless walter m reappears.

Oxoman, I totally agree with what you say, 90% of today’s work problems come from managers who cannot manage, great they have just come from graduated from university no real idea how on man management, workers skills etc, if it says do this , do that, do the other , in the company procedures that’s what they do, what word am I looking for, no common sense, as well has no idea, and of course they dare not ask the actual tradespersons what they think because they think they know it all, my rant over.
    good luck with your future

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman said:

I actually feel sorry for future apprentice engineers and especially my eldest son who's following in my footsteps.

His he sure he really want to be a sparkie ?

• tlw1
    oxoman said:

Cheers LD, sadly common sense is no longer allowed because it's not documented and as such you can be disciplined or worse prosecuted for using it. Very much a name and blame culture at the moment. Glad I'm towards the end of my working career. I actually feel sorry for future apprentice engineers and especially my eldest son who's following in my footsteps.

You could become the BB electrical team, I need some jobs doing, MF needs that trunk of funk sorting, etc, etc
  • pinno
    edited January 2021
    Oh - you're not still moaning about younger management are you?! :)

I became a manager at the age of 32.
    I rarely had any staff issues (none that weren't resolved). I look back at the work I did and the one thing I miss most of all, was my crew. I am still in contact with most of them.

I think having had some work experience and coming from an engineering background plus a degree in HRM, I understood what it was like to be an employee.

I did remember the management spiel when I did my degree in HRM and the green straight out of A levels, straight into Uni students (who could regurgitate this stuff in reams), never really questioned exactly what it all meant for someone on the receiving end of it.

In the UK, we still have a dominant culture of us and them. Is it any surprise?
    I spent 4 miserable years in the Financial Services Industry post grad. where I really really learnt how management and hierarchy was all about - what company you kept, where you drank, how you spoke to people, how you dressed. I have never experienced so much back biting and bitchyness and game playing - worse than the school play ground.
    It was rarely about the quality of work, efficiency, work rate.
    So glad I returned to my roots and so glad I had the opportunity to be a manager and break the mould.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Cheers LD, sadly common sense is no longer allowed because it's not documented and as such you can be disciplined or worse prosecuted for using it. Very much a name and blame culture at the moment. Glad I'm towards the end of my working career. I actually feel sorry for future apprentice engineers and especially my eldest son who's following in my footsteps.

You could become the BB electrical team, I need some jobs doing, MF needs that trunk of funk sorting, etc, etc
    Can he come down and get our bloody power back on?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Can he come down and get our bloody power back on?
    Have a whip round for the meter.
    Tight gits. You bean counters are all the same.
  • veronese68
    oxoman said:

Suspect his boss, Mr Bamford might be a bit peived. As to being BBers electrical team. Nah, you tight wads don't pay enough. I'd get more working for CB,s company. :D

Not if you mean the knocking shop :o
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

Suspect his boss, Mr Bamford might be a bit peived. As to being BBers electrical team. Nah, you tight wads don't pay enough. I'd get more working for CB,s company. :D

Not if you mean the knocking shop :o
    :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2021
    oxoman said:

Bit old to be a rent boy and definitely not my forte.

I dunno, Seano seems to make a decent living out of being a gigolo.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

I'd sooner be a sugar daddy.

There's a bloke in Derbyshire who might be able to introduce you to some short term beneficiaries.
  • pinno
    if he earnt decent money, he'd be living in Kensington.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

if he earnt decent money, he'd be living in Kensington.

Fair point, maybe 'Mr. Button Mushroom' can't command very high prices for his services.