monday carousing with ceridwen

'ning

smidge colder but dry

ride and coffee, wfh, stock up on biccies, port and other essentials
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining ,colder, windy dog walked, busy day again hopefully the last one for a couple of weeks.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - had booked the day off but feel ok.

Might ride a bike later, that will feel strange, it’s been a while
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Cleaned out fireplace.

Done other chores.
    Booked in Old Merc for MOT.
    Walked dog.
    Haven't watched TV.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Did you get the Kung Fu box set SG?
  • WFW, tired and in need of a factory reset.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Slept through the alarm. Drove to our Staines office for a bit of a change of scenery. Had a plod mobile behind me for a couple of miles who I thought were going to pull me and ask me where I was going, but they turned off after while. Got to the office an hour late and found I'd booked a desk in the same area as the board directors were sitting. Hey ho.

Still, good excuse the exercise The Panzer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon,

Cold in southern heckshire. Busy weekend working and constructing stuff.

Pinno you done the dusting too?

Also, anyone bored here are my construction efforts this far. Need to do more bits but for now I'm happy.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pinno said:

Cleaned out fireplace.

Done other chores.
    Booked in Old Merc for MOT.
    Walked dog.
    Haven't watched TV.

i need to have some work done on the roof

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

I should get that leak fixed.

Boring day getting sore forearms. Hopefully that office chair will arrive soon.
  • pinno
    Corrugated iron SG.
    Use PTFE tape and Jet blue for that Hoppy.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

Ditto.
    What have you ordered?
    For every "this chair saved my life" review on Amazon there's another saying "this chair stole my soul" one.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

hopkinb said:

Ditto.
    What have you ordered?
    For every "this chair saved my life" review on Amazon there's another saying "this chair stole my soul" one.

I’ve bid for Steven Hawkins on eBay as he doesn’t need it anymore
  • pinno
    I got one going cheap:

• hopkinb

hopkinb said:

Ditto.
    What have you ordered?

My employer offered a free package a week or so ago. Chair, desk, monitor, keyboard, riser etc. So whatever they send!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited November 2020
    Evening all. A bike ride first thing followed by three 2hrs zoom tutorials to the students. Battered. Then called coopster a khunt after he called Rick a window licker. I blame the mods.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Evening all. A bike ride first thing followed by three 2hrs zoom tutorials to the students. Battered. Then called coopster a khunt after he called Rick a window licker. I blame the mods.

There used to be a thread for this kind of action 😕
    Link please.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn said:

There used to be a thread for this kind of action 😕
    Link please.
    Brexit thread
  • hopkinb

Coopster is the most massivest khunt I have ever had the misfortune to witness troll this bike-related part of the internetz.

No idea what a window licker is.
  • hopkinb said:

Coopster is the most massivest khunt I have ever had the misfortune to witness troll this bike-related part of the internetz.

No idea what a window licker is.
    An extremely derogatory term for someone who is mentally handicapped.
  • pinno
    I did call him a gobshyte last week.
  • hopkinb
    Oh. My daughter was severely mentally and physically disabled, before she died of her illness. I'm very fond of people who take the p!ss out of people less fortunate. It makes them feel better I'm sure. Fcuking shithole place.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sorry to read that hb.

Keyboard warriors gonna keyboard. Doubt the botster will pick my gauntlet. Would be fun if he did though.
  • hopkinb
    I'm not ashamed to say it changed my world view.

Until you experience having to fight the system to access proper care, or respite, or proper palliative medicine...

She was born in 2003. Her disability and illness was diagnosed within a year. From 2011 we had to fight for every little thing, from a big enough wheelchair, a supportive chair at her home, appropriate schooling, the drugs that worked, up to and including allowing her to die with some dignity in her bed at home.

However gold plated your private insurance is (as mine is) it doesn't cover that. It'll jump you the queue for a hip replacement, but won't deal with chronic illness.

Fcuk it.

Some people are proud that they vote to deny help to people who need it.

Fcuk them.
  • hopkinb
    Fcuk this place.
  • I'm at a bit of a loss what to say after that HB.
    Was gonna have a bit of a moan after a shit*y day at work, but everything pales into insignificance when you read others misfortunes, so I'll keep my mouth shut and grin and bare it.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2020

To be fair, Rick had used the term window lickers first about other posters on the thread, but then then some of the Cake Stop brigade rushed to defend him when Bally and I hauled him up for it. Sounds like you need to go back to Cake Stop and insult more people DHL...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited November 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

To be fair, Rick had used the term window lickers first about other posters on the thread, but then then some of the Cake Stop brigade rushed to defend him when Bally and I hauled him up for it. Sounds like you need to go back to Cake Stop and insult more people DHL...
    He should have been banned too then. I just dont understand how anyone falls to that level. And I dont think "to be fair" is a good thing to say on it.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2020

Stevo_666 said:

He should have been banned too then. I just dont understand how anyone falls to that level. And I dont think "to be fair" is a good thing to say on it.
    However you want me to phrase it. Just don't give some people a free pass if you're going to call other people stuff that might get you banned.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I was the one that originally highlighted Rick's post. As I said, I was surprised at his choice of phrase. I was also surprised that nobody condemned him straight away and I left it a while before commenting.
    As Stevo says, some people seem to get a free pass from the Cake Stop community. Coopster gets flagged and Rick gets people posting whataboutery in his support. This is not to support Coopster's use of the phrase in any way but gives some background as to why he referred to Rick as such.
    Hopefully, that is the last time the term gets used on here.

Hoppy, I can't begin to imagine your pain.
  • HB, in really sorry for posting about this.