Forum home Road cycling forum Tours, routes, audaxes & organised rides Tour & expedition

Cyclist adventures in Ukraine

edited November 2020 in Tour & expedition
Hello to everyone.

I bought a bicycle this spring and opened a new world for me - world of travels and adventures on bicycle. I could not even imagine how exciting it is to discover new places and explore the territory around. Usually I go for short rides - 40-50 km, but sometimes I went 100km, 150km or even 200km. On the last week I passed my first official brevet 200km. Here, I want to share my youtube channel, where I'll post all videos about my trips, about the city and so on. Also, I have idea to describe some of my trips and expressions just in the words, with some kind of photos. So, I would say this topic is about my trips in video/photo format.

I think for most of you it is a rather unknown country, but maybe it will be even more interesting :smile:

My youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tpGcuI8v4BoaCuW5UZ07g?view_as=subscriber

P.S. I'm not sure if it is the right location for such subjects. If it is not - please let me know where can I post it, or move this topic to correct location.

• This is a video of my regular ride on the bicycle in the Kharkiv (Ukraine). I went around almost the whole city, I recorded this on video in timewarp mode and I put it here almost without edits.

• My bike ride to the Koneva Hill (~ 15km away from the Kharkiv) at the end of this summer. I went without reconnaissance, just followed maps.me and it f*cked me, but thanks to this my offroad ride turned out cool adventure. I met two drug addicts in the forest, a couple of wild animals, I had to go through a field with high grass up to the waist, pass through the thorny bushes. It was a cool offroad cycling adventure in a beautiful and at the same time a spooky forest with deserted, overgrown paths. In addition to everything, I fell from the bike on the downhill! I put it here without cuts (almost) , but you can check timecodes for the most interesting moments, so you will not be boring.

• Random crazy stuff that happens while cycling in Kharkiv. I collected all strangers in this video. Addicts, robbers, stupid pedestrians etc

• My first serious attempt to take a KOM in Strava. I woke up early in the morning to get on empty roads without cars. So, cars didn't interfere me, but crazy dogs interfered me lol.
    By the way, the guy at the very end of the video, just walked and brandished a 30cm knife. I noticed it only later.

• Some sort of motivation before the new cycling season

• seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,376
    Great 👍 keep up the good work and good luck with your YouTube channel.

May you always be faster than the dogs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn said:

Great 👍 keep up the good work and good luck with your YouTube channel.

May you always be faster than the dogs.

Haha, yes dogs are very good motivators and speed boosters.
    Thank you!