Roval wheel upgrade

Hi, I have Roval SLX24 wheels on my 2018 Specialized Roubaix which are good, but thinking about upgrading. What carbon wheels would others recommend. Max budget was £800-£1000. Will I see any difference at this price.
Ta

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Your wheels retail for around £600 so it’s arguable about any real world benefits that a £1k outlay would bring.

Rovals are a decent make, a lifetime warranty and a fairly robust build quality.

What are you looking for, lighter or more aero or both?

If it’s lightness, swap to latex tubes, if it’s aero, less drag, get an aero bar, there are some decent aluminium bars for £60 but I’m not sure how aerobars and a Roubaix would look.

Hunt make some decent carbon wheels and if you want to make your bike look prettier there are plenty of options depending on your goals but don’t expect any discernible difference in performance over your current wheels.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    To echo what slowmart says, roval wheels are really good wheels.

If you do decide to buy a new set though, assuming there is still life left in your current rovals, I would keep them for hilly rides and look for a set of deeper rims to use on flatter rides.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    As the other guys say, I'd keep your wheels. A tyre swap to something with less rolling resistance would probably make a bigger difference.

I'd only buy new wheels if they were significantly deeper, at least 50mm deep and I was thinking of racing.
  • Thanks for the comments. It feels like I am not going to see an improvement for £1000, so I will keep the Rovals and look at Carbon wheels if the Rovals get damaged.