Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sodding Sunday

Morning. Shite start to the day, sister just informed me possibly got big C. Can't go and see her as in New Zealand. Arghh. Stuck at work with noddy squad as well.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    'ning

bummer oxo, hope things go ok

it's too cold, ride, cafes, try to warm up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    Cheers SG, op and biopsy etc in coming wk for her. 🤞.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Everything crossed for your sister Oxo, awful to be so far away at times like that.
    Traditional slow start here, bloody knackered after a poor nights kip. Trouble was really suffering and couldn't sleep. Going to try to get her downstairs again as she reckons she was sleeping just as badly on the couch. Hopefully it won't be an entirely gravity based descent.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Fingers crossed for your Sis Oxo. And good luck with the patient care V.

Off out to walk the dogs shortly.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • All morning WFH, setting up a gazillion zoom meetings for the next three months.
    This afternoon will be playing roblox with my son.
    This evening will be WFH prepping for tomorrow.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    seems very quiet in bb the last few days

alien abduction? fuggid virus? opium?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,568
    Nice out. Got act together, 3h ride done, headwind out, tailwind back, plan. Now is feet up, watch the final stage. Those guys are soft pedalling at 95km to go, still going faster than me...🤔

Best wishes Oxo's sis.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    sungod said:

seems very quiet in bb the last few days

alien abduction? fuggid virus? opium?

Smack and crack.

Went out for dinner in Brixton last night ahead of inevitable further restrictions, got stuck into some off-the-wall wines with a nice autumnal (mushrooms and game) set menu.

Hence a V68 style slow start. Then a good hour and a half Wombling with the dog. I've done my washing and swept the garden. Now enjoying an imported San Miguel in the late summer sun. Thinking of some kind of firepit that might extend outdoor living. Chicken for dinner.

• Oh censored !
    Cancer sucks.
    Hope your sister fights it with everything she's got Oxoman.

Anyway, I've just arrived in Bristol at the end of day two of my LEJOG ride. Another day with a constant headwind, which along with the hills has been bloody hard work.

Shower, wash riding gear, fettle bike, pizza and bed.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,568
    Woah Cargobike! You doing LEJOG on a cargo bike? Respec'.

Good luck. That NE wind today was a bit stronger than I expected, but for me it was only a couple of hours then turn and cruise back home whereas... 👍
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Shoot news oxo

Nice but slow fun biking at Llandegla with another family, then straight out for a nice lunch and now chilling with cider
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    edited September 2020
    Hoping for the best oxo.
    Hope the slide went ok v68. Eta on being able to walk again properly yet?

Been to the seaside today. Managed to avoid most of the crowds of brummies

Apparently "sand has got everywhere and it's really uncomfortable". I'm fine so dunno what she was doing at the top of that dune :confused:
    Belch y Groes and Vyrnwy on the way back - in the car though which was a bit hairy. Feels much safer cycling it.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    Cheers folks, hoping everything goes ok for her Wed,s. Unfortunately it runs in the family on the female side. She can't fly back to UK so suspect I may be taking a trip over there soonish.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Hope you're allowed to fly soonish Oxo.
    Slide went ok, very slo-mo of course. I had to support the leg on the broken side whilst she came down on the good side. Made the PG Tips chimps look like they knew what they were doing with that piano. It was PG wasn't it?
    I think she's staying downstairs for a few days at least. Walking without crutches is 6 weeks away I suspect, hopefully she will get more mobile on them over the next few weeks.
    Good luck with LE JOG Cargo, hope you get a tailwind soon.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Cargobike said:

Oh censored !
    Cancer sucks.
    Hope your sister fights it with everything she's got Oxoman.

Anyway, I've just arrived in Bristol at the end of day two of my LEJOG ride. Another day with a constant headwind, which along with the hills has been bloody hard work.

Shower, wash riding gear, fettle bike, pizza and bed.

Loved doing JOGLE we had a headwind every day too
  • orraloon said:

Woah Cargobike! You doing LEJOG on a cargo bike? Respec'.

Good luck. That NE wind today was a bit stronger than I expected, but for me it was only a couple of hours then turn and cruise back home whereas... 👍

Not the cleverest idea I've ever had :D
    Hoping for a tailwind tomorrow as I do an east coast route, having LEJOGed up the western side of the UK twice before.

Presently enjoying a cream tea in Stratford-upon-Avon as I schlep towards Market Harborough. Only another 40-odd miles today!